Everspace

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Searched the forum and found one mention of the game and was someone saying the game looked neat at the 2016 E3 conference.

Anyways, grabbed this game on sale on Steam yesterday (I believe it was $17... $22 for the deluxe edition with an expansion and soundtrack and art book so I figured that was worth $5 more) and so far its pretty dang fun.

It's a "rogue-like" game, which I had to look up sadly (I'm a terrible gamer sometimes) basically the elements of "rogue-like" they use here are the procedurally generated levels and once you die, you are dead. Try again.

There is a small story with it that I wont go into, but there aren't any huge cut scenes or anything that get in the way. Maybe a 3 minute one the first time you play and I have ran into 2 or 3 more that were a minute or so while playing. So basically you are a guy on a ship who cant remember stuff and you go on "runs". Each run is you in an area fighting dudes, gathering resources and upgrading weapons and then warping to the next area. You will spend anywhere from 10 seconds (if you just warp ahead) to id say 15 minutes in any area. Go through about 4 areas and you get to a new sector with 4 more areas. There's definitely some survival elements to the game too as you cant warp without fuel, your guns can overheat and you can run out of missles and healing ability.

Then you die.

Once you die, you do it all over again with randomly generated areas. HOWEVER all the $ you gained in your last run you can spend on upgrading your ship for the next run. Really cool! I would say its more on the arcade side with a touch of survival and RPG. You can play in first person or third and switch between at any time. However the best thing about the game to me are its atmosphere and controls. Flying your ship in space with keyboard and mouse is buttery-smooth, easy to get used to and just straight up fun!

Anyone else play?

Game is on PC, MAC and Xbox One.

TL - DR (I found this video to explain it pretty well)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad