Everett v vancouver camera work??

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
Complain. Get a credit. This is where revenue is going to come from in the future. Surprised Van didn't sell out the game 6. Could be the reason, fans watching at home.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Complain. Get a credit. This is where revenue is going to come from in the future. Surprised Van didn't sell out the game 6. Could be the reason, fans watching at home.

I wonder what the uptake of WHL Live really is. I realize that Winnipeg is not the same as more longstanding WHL markets, but I personally don't know anyone other than myself who ever watches ICE games on WHL Live. Hard to imagine that so many people in Van are watching via PPV that it's impacting attendance...

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
I wonder what the uptake of WHL Live really is. I realize that Winnipeg is not the same as more longstanding WHL markets, but I personally don't know anyone other than myself who ever watches ICE games on WHL Live. Hard to imagine that so many people in Van are watching via PPV that it's impacting attendance...
I work the off ice crew and learned about the feed from my stat partner. She would often get calls from her father to say that the broadcast was having problems, video, audio etc, I know toward season end new cameras came in, assume all the clubs have to maintain equal tech levels. Yes, would be curious to see the numbers. I do think it prob skews heavy to the older crowd. Why leave the couch for the half empty arena, These clubs need all the help they can get for revenue streams.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
I work the off ice crew and learned about the feed from my stat partner. She would often get calls from her father to say that the broadcast was having problems, video, audio etc, I know toward season end new cameras came in, assume all the clubs have to maintain equal tech levels. Yes, would be curious to see the numbers. I do think it prob skews heavy to the older crowd. Why leave the couch for the half empty arena, These clubs need all the help they can get for revenue streams.

It is a pretty reasonable deal when you think about it, $110 to watch literally every game in the entire regular season of the WHL. I don't think you can get a season ticket anywhere in the league for under $500 unless you are a senior or a student, maybe.

I never seriously considered just staying home and watching the games on TV but now you have me considering it, ha ha

CHL TV is OK but it really needs a little more polish to become appealing to a broader audience. It's a little too livebarn at the moment. I wonder what it would take to have a host and maybe at least one or two more camera positions... it's just that centre ice cam and the view isn't always the greatest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad