Ever play in a busch league?

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
shut up buddy, i do live in a white trash city, youd probably know a bit about it eh?

i'm sure theyre are a few better players than me on here, but remember yanks, you guys are playin our game.

UMMMM the game was started by the French back in 1605. It was brought to Canada by some French college kids who introduced it to YOU GUYS. Its not YOUR game. IT belongs to the world. You should know your history rather than spew the propaganda established to give Canadians at least one thing to be proud of....

As for dangling me? Good luck on that one...If ya have the balls lets set up a day for skate and shoot. Your In southern Ontario so Crystal ridge, leisureplex, Hamburg Nike base or Leisure rinks should be doable. lets see how good you really are? I will let you take 10 breakaways on me and if you put more in than Mike Pecca did(2) I will let all these fine folks know how good you are. Chances are though...you will be :teach: by this 48 year old, 5' 7" , BUSCH LEAGUE goalie. Or is this yet another case of your mouth writing a check your *** cant cash?

Last edited:

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
UMMMM the game was started by the French back in 1605. It was brought to Canada by some French college kids who introduced it to YOU GUYS. Its not YOUR game. IT belongs to the world. You should know your history rather than spew the propaganda established to give Canadians at least one thing to be proud of....

As for dangling me? Good luck on that one...If ya have the balls lets set up a day for skate and shoot. Your In southern Ontario so Crystal ridge, leisureplex, Hamburg Nike base or Leisure rinks should be doable. lets see how good you really are? I will let you take 10 breakaways on me and if you put more in than Mike Pecca did(2) I will let all these fine folks know how good you are. Chances are though...you will be :teach: by this 48 year old, 5' 7" , BUSCH LEAGUE goalie. Or is this yet another case of your mouth writing a check your *** cant cash?

It appears school is already in seesion.:handclap:

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006

wow hahah boys we got a hero here...dont trip over your cape there superman, i dont wanna go on a date with you i dont swing that way. you ask if i have balls, then ask me on a date, wow you're officially gay eh? maybe its all that silver you guys are exposed to...

anyways, i went back and played, sniped on a breakaway but we lost. then, as i was walkin to the dressing room the guy that hit me last week asked me to play for them cuz they were short a couple players. we had 5 guys for half the game then 2 more came out and we shitstomped a team of junior b and c players. turned out to be reallie cool guys and i finnished with 3 pts with them. hockeys a funny sport.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
I just dont get it...Many Canadians have this urge to claim Hockey as their own when it was not solely a Canadian invention while Basketball was a total Canadian invention, yet none want to claim that credit. Taking credit for that which is not yours is REAL BUSCH LEAGUE.

As I thought....Mac, your all talk and no substance.

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
I just dont get it...Many Canadians have this urge to claim Hockey as their own when it was not solely a Canadian invention while Basketball was a total Canadian invention, yet none want to claim that credit. Taking credit for that which is not yours is REAL BUSCH LEAGUE.

cuz basketball is a ****ing gay sport.

what do you ****ing live on here? shouldn't you be practicing with peca hero, i think the scouts dont check this site out on the weekend man. never know when they'll call up a 48 year old busch league tender.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
LMAO we know when they will call one up....NEVER. I dont live in a dream world, little boy. yep, I suck so bad you are afraid to show your face in one of my rinks...lmao

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
you're rinks eh? are they named after you? after peca only sniped you twice (which i doubt pecs ever shot on you or did he snipe on you twice, youre 5'7 i take ***** that would cover more net than that)...i just said i didnt wanna go ona date with u, playing hockey is one thing but u asked if i had balls then asked me out...kinda creepy man.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
get real, kiddo. Its a public place....show some courage and back up that smack talk. Pick a rink! I had the priv of tending net for Pecca during his hold out against the Sabres several years back. He rented ice at Holiday to stay in shape and I filled net. It doesnt take 6' plus to cover the net when the goalie has real skill. My glory days ended back in the early 80's but I can still wall little NEVER BEENS such as yourself.

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
hahaha and you're 5'7 BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH this guy SUCKKS

So, when are you going to step up and show this guy how bad he is? It's easy to hide behind your keyboard and yap like some little ankle-biter, it's another to step up to MikeD's challenge. You keep telling us you have what it takes, step right up.

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
southern ontario, all im saying.

Windsor-Essex County?

I play in a mens league that redrafts every year so you're always playing with different guys. It keeps everyone honest as the guy you might have just slashed might be your linemate next season.
It's a very good league with lots of former juniors (Tier II and below) out there. But everyone's cool as pretty much all the guys realise it's not the NHL.

And I cringe when I hear fellow Canadians say it's 'Our Game'. It's the worlds game. But Canadians seem to be better at it as a whole.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
Hank, your league sounds like it has it all worked out. I like the idea of a general draft. None of the adult leagues here do that. No doubt about it on the Canadian love of hockey. I recall watching my sons team as a mite playing the Fort Erie All Stars team. A full hour of scrimmage and Our team did not put on shot on net. The FE coach would rattle the door latch and the kids would fly into line changes on the fly like little pros. They played a solid positional game with crisp passing and strong skating ability. My little guy faced 57 shots allowing 5 goals. After the game the FE coach came into the locker room, went straight to my son, shook his hand and walked straight back out with out a word. Its something my little guy has and prob will never forget. The team dominated in all aspects, showed great sportsmanship and were a credit to Canadian hockey, for sure.

Even here in the buffalo area, you know that to face the best competition you have to head north across the border. Not to slight the local American teams. There is skill(Tier I) but over all it isnt as well developed at any given age bracket as we see from the Canadian organizations.

Last edited:

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
Hank, your league sounds like it has it all worked out. I like the idea of a general draft. None of the adult leagues here do that. No doubt about it on the Canadian love of hockey. I recall watching my sons team as a mite playing the Fort Erie All Stars team. A full hour of scrimmage and Our team did not put on shot on net. The FE coach would rattle the door latch and the kids would fly into line changes on the fly like little pros. They played a solid positional game with crisp passing and strong skating ability. My little guy faced 57 shots allowing 5 goals. After the game the FE coach came into the locker room, went straight to my son, shook his hand and walked straight back out with out a word. Its something my little guy has and prob will never forget. The team dominated in all aspects, showed great sportsmanship and were a credit to Canadian hockey, for sure.

Even here in the buffalo area, you know that to face the best competition you have to head north across the border. Not to slight the local American teams. There is skill(Tier I) but over all it isnt as well developed at any given age bracket as we see from the Canadian organizations.

every canadian organization is pretty classy. not to generalize but i had a guy from an american team come to my rink and start a huge shitstorm over a dressing room or something that had nothing to do with me...his players were a AAA team, weren't even wearin trackies or suits running around like absolute animals...while the rest of the 12 year old canadian kids had suits on and acted very appropriatley...the american kids didn't even have dryland, i think canadians just take it that much more seriously at a young age.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
Mac, better to keep ones mouth shut and thought a fool than to open it and PROVE it.

Not every Canadian Organization is classy. Hearing a Canuk Coach scream obscenities at Pee Wee's, Pull a kid sitting on the bench off onto the walkway behind, Break his rink diagram clip board on a kids helmeted head....There are the types on both sides of the border.

We also had one Canadian team come to Tourney in Rochester last year pretending to be a team they were not. The team that had gained entry, a tier II Pee Wee, could not make the date. So the Coach from the absent team gave the slot to the Age bracket above that was Tier I. All the kids jerseys had the name plates covered by the team business sponsor. This was all discovered by the hotel staff who over heard the team Coaches discussing the situation should the roster be challanged by the Tourney organizer. These guys actually had faked documentation prepared. The best part, it was immediatly reported to the organizer. The following game was the championship game for the age bracket. The Coach was called at the hotel and told that because of their stellar play the organization wanted to do something a little "extra". They were asked to come to the rink 2 hours prior to the game start. Once in the conference room, the parents were asked to pair up with each of their kids. Photographs were to be taken and they needed to sign a standard release for commercial use. The parents had to show a picture ID. These names were documented and then compared to the roster/game sheet. NONE of the parents last names matched that of the child. These kids had forged the signatures of the missing teams members. Needless to say the team was expelled. The organizers had already contacted the 3rd place team and had them ready in the locker room preping for the championship game.

You can dress a pig in a suit but it is still a pig...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->