Even when you admit that your sports team sucks

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
No, as a Maple Leaf fan, one must develop a thick skin, and it translates to other sports as well. Plus, one good thing about growing older is that sports seems more like just games, and less like life or death situations.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm a Cubs, Blackhawks, Illini, and Bears fan.... prior to 2010, that's been a whole lotta suck. Since 2010, it's been mostly suck aside from the Hawks.

People mocking my teams completely go by me. Don't care.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Nice to see some responses. But I do know some people here that would easily get offended if someone said something bad about their team even though they know it's true. Of course, I won't name them. Usually, they'll choose the "At least my team ____________ unlike your team" route. It's just that they feel that they're the only ones allowed to talk **** about their own team.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Nice to see some responses. But I do know some people here that would easily get offended if someone said something bad about their team even though they know it's true. Of course, I won't name them. Usually, they'll choose the "At least my team ____________ unlike your team" route. It's just that they feel that they're the only ones allowed to talk **** about their own team.

For sure

I still have the odd Leaf fan try to tell me the Leafs have won over twice as many Cups as the Hawks have. Then I usually ask how many they were alive for and its all downhill from there.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Not really. I was a Rams fan for a long time. I'm well aware that they sucked for over a decade. That fact was definitely not lost on me, nor do I care if other people point it out.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The problem comes along when fans of other teams can't let it go and become downright rude about it. They don't care about a friendly discussion as to why or how, they just want to be ***** about it.

Living in the New England region and not rooting for all the Boston teams, I know of what I speak.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I'm a Cubs, Blackhawks, Illini, and Bears fan.... prior to 2010, that's been a whole lotta suck. Since 2010, it's been mostly suck aside from the Hawks.

People mocking my teams completely go by me. Don't care.

That is certainly bad teams before 2010. As a Jays, Raps, Leafs, Jeff Gordon (if that counts) they all typically suck aside from NASCAR. In the past 10 years none of them have won a best of 7 series and in the past 23 years, only the Leafs have.

I admit Jays I am defensive of.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
It's kinda funny, I wouldn't take offense to somebody saying that about the Padres but I'd feel compelled to argue about the Chargers. I suppose that might be partly due to the parity and short term nature of the NFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad