Even more Dub...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orv

Jan 7, 2004
Calgary, Ab/Eston,SK
What a joke. Now there are WHL officials going to the WJC. I don't see any from the OHL or the QMJHL. This is an outrage. This is just the icing on the cake. If the camp selections weren't enough now these two refs will be there. This will be the demise of Hockey Canada. I'm still mad over this. I bet it was that damn Sutter who got these guys there and specifically asked for there to be no O or Q refs that are there. Unbelievable!!

I will now be hoping against the Canadian officials and will be cheering for the refs from Russia. I hope most of you follow my lead!!!

:D

Link

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Orv said:
What a joke. Now there are WHL officials going to the WJC. I don't see any from the OHL or the QMJHL. This is an outrage. This is just the icing on the cake. If the camp selections weren't enough now these two refs will be there. This will be the demise of Hockey Canada. I'm still mad over this. I bet it was that damn Sutter who got these guys there and specifically asked for there to be no O or Q refs that are there. Unbelievable!!

I will now be hoping against the Canadian officials and will be cheering for the refs from Russia. I hope most of you follow my lead!!!

Link

It is clear why only WHL officials are going. They are refereeing in a so much better league, with bigger, faster players. They will be used to the international-level; you know, the WHL is the best league in the world after the NHL.

bigguns

Dec 7, 2004
markov` said:
It is clear why only WHL officials are going. They are refereeing in a so much better league, with bigger, faster players. They will be used to the international-level; you know, the WHL is the best league in the world after the NHL.

Ok I'm not entirely positive but I'm pretty sure that the above post was a joke... If you are suggesting that "sutter and his people" picked the refs in part of the eastern conspiracy I hope that you take some time over the holidays to review the history of Canada and who screws who. If you were being funny I apologize, I've just had it with the eastern sob story. There are a ton of good players from those leagues, there's also a ton of good players from the WHL. Considering most of the returing players were from the WHL, it's not shocking that the camp is mostly west. I agree with you that it was surprising that a few guys weren't invited, that being said maybe they didn't fit the role sutter had envisioned for them. The bad news is that cuts are in less than 48 hours so it's time to get over who didn't get invited or we won't be able to get worked up over who gets cut.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
markov` said:

Sarcasm, right? Either way, its a stupid thing to say.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Orv said:

Link

Who are the Zamboni drivers. They better be from the Q. If not I'll be cheering for the Zamboni drivers from Sweden. :D

espo*

Orv said:

Link
It'll never happen.....i could care less what part of the counrty the players and refs are from..... i will cheer for Canada and God himself could'nt change that.

Avery4Byng*

Come one now folks nobody likes sour grapes. lets all cheer on this fine country no matter what part of the country they come from.

ToNedOuT

Apr 22, 2004
Victoria BC
Boo Hoo. I'm sorry but some of these posts are getting ridiculous. First there are too many WHL players....now it's too many refs. Wow...would it REALLY make you feel better if the refs were from the Q? As long as they do a good job who cares?

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Memo to everyone, the initial post was purely sarcastic and meant as a comedic jab at those posters who disagreed with the majority of the players coming from the dub.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
The best deseve to be there and I am a big OHL fan but I think WHL is a little better at the moment, as far as reffering goes I don't care which refferee's are going.

Orv

Jan 7, 2004
Calgary, Ab/Eston,SK
Big Deaner said:
Memo to everyone, the initial post was purely sarcastic and meant as a comedic jab at those posters who disagreed with the majority of the players coming from the dub.

Thanks man. I thought it was fairly obvious I was joking.

sbutler66

Feb 25, 2004
Maybe everyone should just get over where and which league the kids are from, they are all Canadian- so cheer for them cos they are representing Canada. If the management picked a majority from the 'Dub' maybe it shows that they simply think it'll give em the best chance of winning. As for the appointment of the officials, well congrats to them and again i'm sure the must be right for the role.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Orv said:

Link

Well, maybe you are happy then with the fact there were 11 OHL players on the gold medal winning Canadian team at the U18 World Junior Cup this past summer! That's half the team and you know Crosby and Latendresse would have been there if not for injuries, etc. possibly knocking out two more WHL players off the roster.

These rosters are just part of a big cycle in hockey in Canada and every year it's different, whether it's more WHL or OHL or Q players or an equal amount of all. Just deal with it you whiner!! :banghead:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Orv said:
Thanks man. I thought it was fairly obvious I was joking.

Since we're all coming clean I should admit that I won't really be cheering for the Swedish Zamboni drivers.

Well maybe one time "SWEDISH ZAMBONI DRIVERS" :bow: :bow: :bow:

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
markov` said:
That's why I said. Better than NCAA, better than Super League, and it is probably a higher level of hockey that we will see in the WJC. Isn't it? Oh, gotta love those big westerners.

Maybe you should just let this go. Its getting pretty annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad