Even Bob Mckenzie says Canada should have won last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
mazmin said:
In the history of Junior hockey Canada has won 20 medals, Russia has won 22...USA has won 4. The Buffalo Bills of WJC hockey? No way.

History tends to repeat itself (not just recent history) and USA's roster looks pretty weak. I'll willing to bet they don't even make the finals.

Who looks weak on the U.S. roster? I'd like to get your expert opinion on the subject. Would you have rather had Matt Lashoff over Casey Borer? Mike Brennan over Brian Lee? Robbie Earl over Chris Bourque? Maybe a guy like Joe Fallon in net?

NWT Habs Fan

Apr 25, 2003
Edmonton, AB
Visit site
That was last year and the game is in the books, so let's enjoy this year's edition of the WJC instead of bemoaning "what if's" and "what could have been's". That is why they play the game!! ;)

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
nomorekids said:
Gosh, how much longer is this loss going to be rationalized? It's already NEXT YEAR. Get over it, already. Canada didn't beat themselves. Give some credit where it's due. Jeez.

I fully agree we choked and I was cheering for the US to score to make the game interesting well they scored one and then twice and then thrice and we were screwed. I shoulda been careful what I wished for :dunno: . We are gunna get vengence on their ice this year.

rulin

Jan 30, 2004
Canada choked and US played with passion, thus leading to a US victory. Simple as that.

Let's just enjoy this year's WJrs.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
This entire argument is preposterous. We all know that Wayne Gretzky was exclusively to blame for Team Canada's loss last year.

He's the one that told Patrick O'Sullivan "good luck in the World Junior Championships", when he spoke with him at the draft in 2003. So, yeah....I'm still gonna blame Wayne, you guys can continue on with the debate all you like...I know who the REAL culprit is. ;)

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
HabLover said:
In a recent interview with ISS, Bob Mckenzie says Canada should have won last year against the USA.

Bob can say all he wants! Should have! Who cares, they didn't win and the USA did! Sorry Bob should have's doesn't mean squat! The only thing that does is a W and Canada did not get that!

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
MePutPuckInNet said:
This entire argument is preposterous. We all know that Wayne Gretzky was exclusively to blame for Team Canada's loss last year.

He's the one that told Patrick O'Sullivan "good luck in the World Junior Championships", when he spoke with him at the draft in 2003. So, yeah....I'm still gonna blame Wayne, you guys can continue on with the debate all you like...I know who the REAL culprit is. ;)

You can't blame Wayne completely. He just said "good luck". He didn't say "extraordinary good luck". He's only partially to blame. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->