Rumor: Evander Kane

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
we do not have the assets required to land Evander Kane without gutting out top prospect pool

we really shouldnt even be looking as fans at a guy like Kane to begin with, its our inability to move the puck up from our defence in transition that it hurting us the most that and a lack of size in our bottom six that can play with any semblence of authority

if we have a top 9 of dats, zetts, bert, nyquist, weiss, alffie, franzen, tatar and helm and a fourth line with abdelkader plus one or two other bigger more physical forwards coupled with a better puck mover from the back end(again a brian campbell type) we would be among the top contenders

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Kane isn't a team first guy. I don't think moving the pieces it would take to get him would be worth it in the long run.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Kane isn't a team first guy. I don't think moving the pieces it would take to get him would be worth it in the long run.

He's only 22 right now. I think he could benefit greatly from the guys in our locker room, plus he wouldn't have to be THE GUY immediately like he is in Winnipeg. The negative things I've heard about seem somewhat overblown.

I'd take the risk for a player like E. Kane, he's exactly the type of winger this team has been lacking for the past few years. He has the potential for more than 30 goals consistently.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
He's only 22 right now. I think he could benefit greatly from the guys in our locker room, plus he wouldn't have to be THE GUY immediately like he is in Winnipeg. The negative things I've heard about seem somewhat overblown.

I'd take the risk for a player like E. Kane, he's exactly the type of winger this team has been lacking for the past few years. He has the potential for more than 30 goals consistently.

A friend of mine was at Jets camp in September and apparently Kane doesn't eat with the team. He spends the majority of his time on his own, both at home and supposedly on the road, too. But this is just from my POV as I heard it from a friend, I obviously don't expect others to take my word or whatever. But a big resounding "NO!" from me, anyway.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
A friend of mine was at Jets camp in September and apparently Kane doesn't eat with the team. He spends the majority of his time on his own, both at home and supposedly on the road, too. But this is just from my POV as I heard it from a friend, I obviously don't expect others to take my word or whatever. But a big resounding "NO!" from me, anyway.

That's exactly the behavior that alienated Sean Avery from the team in Dallas so quickly. He used to listen to his iPod between periods. :laugh:

Something tells me that kind of behavior would be frowned upon by Wings management and the team leaders.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
That's exactly the behavior that alienated Sean Avery from the team in Dallas so quickly. He used to listen to his iPod between periods. :laugh:

Something tells me that kind of behavior would be frowned upon by Wings management and the team leaders.

It isn't something that I think is very negative anyway, like I would say I am much more like Kane than say a locker room joker kinda guy. But I'm not a professional athlete who relies on an income based on playing a team sport, either. I'd much rather pony up for a similar player who doesn't have that kind of rep, if the team were to make a big move like this.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It isn't something that I think is very negative anyway, like I would say I am much more like Kane than say a locker room joker kinda guy. But I'm not a professional athlete who relies on an income based on playing a team sport, either. I'd much rather pony up for a similar player who doesn't have that kind of rep, if the team were to make a big move like this.

Speaking of which, the rest of the mods and I were talking, and we're pretty sick of how you don't hang out with us during pre-game mod meals.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Speaking of which, the rest of the mods and I were talking, and we're pretty sick of how you don't hang out with us during pre-game mod meals.

evander-kane-rich-pimp-vegas.jpg

2013-01-25_18-51-26.jpg

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

You guys should be looking into a moderator trade, one bad apple and this whole thing could fall apart.:laugh:

All that money but wearing a hoodie and a baseball cap. Just speaks class.

Bet he is one of the first guys to have Bauer call him and say, um.... Don't wear our stuff so often.:laugh:

Kane is not really a realistic trade candidate, I would be excited to get him, but his detractors here would pop up sooner rather than later. Sure he is physical so he would get a pass for a while, but at some point you would all notice how streaky he is and some of the other problems in his game. Plus the belief we can iron out any problem child isn't necessarily true, we sent Leino packing real quick. Kane is the kind of talent you put up with some of the shenanigans for, but I don't think Zetterberg whispering in his ear is going to make him a completely different player like some around here apparently do. You're getting a more physical Franzen with plus speed. Sure that sounds great, but how quickly will people turn when they realize he has average hockey sense and disappears for stretches and blows defensive coverage even more than Franzen?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
something weird has happened to kane since season started.

in first 12 games he had 4 or more shots in every game. since then, only twice and that came in most recent game and the latest calgary game. he didn't have stretch like that last season or season before that one,

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
something weird has happened to kane since season started.

in first 12 games he had 4 or more shots in every game. since then, only twice and that came in most recent game and the latest calgary game. he didn't have stretch like that last season or season before that one,

I don't think he wants to play there and hearing they are shopping him is probably a happy moment for him. His game looks very off though lately agree with that. I pointed out he can be almost as infuriating as Franzen and he is doing that right now to a T.

Would point out Noel should be in trouble, he chased Burmistrov, but most blamed it on the whole Russian thing inaccurately in my opinion, though Burmi certainly had his stuggles. Now he is struggling to get the most out of Kane and Mark Scheifele, guessing he won't get a pass since they are big rugged good ole Canadian boys.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
But everyone on the Wings has a Tigers cap on at all times... So are they class-less too?

I think the key variable missing in that equivalency are the massive stacks of money. Dolla, dolla bills ya'll.

It's poor taste to flaunt wealth, but whatever, he's a kid millionaire. I wouldn't have been much better with that kind of cash and access to twitter.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
But everyone on the Wings has a Tigers cap on at all times... So are they class-less too?

Not while holding stacks of cash in what appears to be vegas. It's more if you're trying to show off how rich you are at least act the part. Meanwhile, only idiots take pictures with stacks of cash if they care to hold onto it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not while holding stacks of cash in what appears to be vegas. It's more if you're trying to show off how rich you are at least act the part. Meanwhile, only idiots take pictures with stacks of cash if they care to hold onto it.

Ok that's understandable. I was gonna say... like 80% of hockey players wear hoodies and baseball caps haha.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I will say the most exciting thing about Kane is that physically he's one of the most gifted guys in the NHL. His strength and explosiveness are incredible. That doesn't always translate to results, but the raw materials are there for a legitimate superstar.

Of course those kind of packages are always the most frustrating. Put Zetterberg's brain in Kane's body and you're basically talking about Mario Lemieux.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
At 22 if he has an attitude problem I don't know how he would handle playing in Grand Rapids for two more years before Holland finally calls him up. I think Holland would be in the market for someone more like Heatley, he isn't one of those useless young players.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think the key variable missing in that equivalency are the massive stacks of money. Dolla, dolla bills ya'll.

It's poor taste to flaunt wealth, but whatever, he's a kid millionaire. I wouldn't have been much better with that kind of cash and access to twitter.

I tried to buy my friends a round on my birthday Saturday night. But the bartender wouldn't accept Bench Bucks or my vcash :(

I think they were just jealous of my "stacks".

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I tried to buy my friends a round on my birthday Saturday night. But the bartender wouldn't accept Bench Bucks or my vcash :(

I think they were just jealous of my "stacks".

Ridiculous! Bench Bucks are worth their weight in potatoes! And that, my friend, is all you need to start a sweet, sweet vodka enterprise.

Detroit Sports*

Have the Red Wings ever had a black player? Not a prospect, like an everyday lineup guy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->