Value of: Evander Kane at the deadline

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What kind of + would Buffalo offer for Muzzin?
Or what kind of + to muzzin would it take for Kane & McCabe?

IT will take a lot....I think Muzzin=Kane.

I think Sabres would be getting back someone else's problem in return so tread carefully. Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Buffalo will just hold onto him and trade him at next years deadline at 50% for a 1st+ or 2nd + a very good young player.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Keep him and see if he can continue to turn it around. If not, expose him in the expansion draft to shelter your other players.
E.Kane has very limited value due to personality issues and team chemistry dynamics.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Yeah, Muzzin=Kane. But then we go beyond the talent. Kane's off-ice BS dings his value. As a Sabres fan, I'd offer a 2nd+Kane.

But, I'd also rather keep Kane. He's starting to come around.

Sure. Would rather work out a deal that would be Muzzin + for Kane and McCabe but not sure if LA has the right pieces to make that work.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Yeah, Muzzin=Kane. But then we go beyond the talent. Kane's off-ice BS dings his value. As a Sabres fan, I'd offer a 2nd+Kane.

But, I'd also rather keep Kane. He's starting to come around.

Muzzin for Kane plus a 2nd? What's the fax number to send that into the league offices?

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I actually think he could do well in Detroit with the veterans and the management there.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto

Buffalo will just hold onto him and trade him at next years deadline at 50% for a 1st+ or 2nd + a very good young player.

Second best joke I have heard, Kane is nowhere near the value of Muzzin. If you think next year you're gonna get a first plus given his attitude, history of injury/inability to stay healthy then as a leaf fan I should expect 3x1st for JVR.

Sorry but at this point most GM know what he is and you are likely to get a second and a B prospect.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Bump.

I still think he'll fetch a first at least from a team that wants to create a third scoring line.

10 points in 7 games. He's hot.

He had 41 points in his last 60 games last year (coming back from the rib injury)

David25

Nov 22, 2016
Bump.

I still think he'll fetch a first at least from a team that wants to create a third scoring line.

10 points in 7 games. He's hot.

He had 41 points in his last 60 games last year (coming back from the rib injury)
Scherbak + pick

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I think Kane likes Buffalo but if he has the choice of where to play and live it seems unlikely that he would choose Buffalo over bigger more exciting cities. If he avoids any off ice drama for another season I can see him getting lots of interest. He does seem like he's maturing.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
me thinks buff keeps him but if not a 2nd and prospect
Not with the way he has been playing lately. Easily 1st round pick if he keeps it up.. 26 yo possible 30-35 goals scorer with that size, speed. He is 1st line player on most team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad