Evan Bouchard will finish the season with a .ppg and 82 points, +34

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
i'll be honest...i dont think he's as good as his stat line would indicate
If he signs a big long deal, i fear he'll end up like Nurse... where he's paid like a No.1 guy but every third game his own fans are saying "why are we paying a No.3 guy top pairing money".
Why do i think this, because sometimes he just has horrible coverage. like, mistakes that he shouldnt be making... its weird

Reactions: Czechboy

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I think he isn't the trainwreck you claim he is

who do you consider "good defensively" ?
I never said he is a trainwreck, I said he is bad defensively and he does have a bad defensive skillset. I am an Oilers fan myself but it's true. I am a fan of Bouchard, I argued with Oilers fans that Barrie should get traded and knew Bouchard would excel offensively and do great quarterbacking the powerplay when at the time Oiler fans were bashing him before that because he was not excelling offensively when Barrie was getting all the offensive opportunities and was also struggling defensively. He has done a decent job with Ekholm overall but he is definitely not good defensively. At best he is not a liability and the advanced stats folks can claim otherwise all they want. If he played for Anaheim or San Jose I guarantee his advanced stats defensively would be pure garbage and they would have nothing to say about it because there is nothing tangible in his play that a person could describe to claim he is good defensively. He is not a player you can trust defensively in game situations over and over without him getting exposed fairly regularly. He is always a risk defensively but he is so good offensively you take the good with the bad. Oiler fans and Advanced stats folks used to argue with me about how good Jesse Pujujarvi was too and I was the big hater but it's cool. Does not bother me.

Last edited:
Reactions: geebster

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I never said he is a trainwreck, I said he is bad defensively and he does have a bad defensive skillset. I am an Oilers fan myself but it's true. I am a fan of Bouchard, I argued with Oilers fans that Barrie should get traded and knew Bouchard would excel offensively and do great quarterbacking the powerplay when at the time Oiler fans were bashing him before that because he was not excelling offensively when Barrie was getting all the offensive opportunities and was also struggling defensively. He has done a decent job with Ekholm overall but he is definitely not good defensively. At best he is not a liability and the advanced stats folks can claim otherwise all they want. If he played for Anaheim or San Jose I guarantee his advanced stats defensively would be pure garbage and they would have nothing to say about it because there is nothing tangible in his play that a person could describe to claim he is good defensively. He is not a player you can trust defensively in game situations over and over without him getting exposed fairly regularly. He is always a risk defensively but he is so good offensively you take the good with the bad.
And fans of a team are usually the most critical of their own players
You seem to take great offense with people not agreeing you

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
4 points in his first playoff game. Just needs 3 more for a .ppg pace in round 1.lol

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Bouchard is, what Nurse thought he was.

I still see him as a riverboat gambler out there, but he's deadly when pointed in the right direction.

If Edmonton could find a Pronger or Stevens to pair with him, and keep Draisaitl, McDavid, and Hyman intact, they will win a cup or 2.

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Bouchard is, what Nurse thought he was.

I still see him as a riverboat gambler out there, but he's deadly when pointed in the right direction.

If Edmonton could find a Pronger or Stevens to pair with him, and keep Draisaitl, McDavid, and Hyman intact, they will win a cup or 2.
We got an Ekholm which is working out.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad