Europa League 2017/2018

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Arsenal have only this to play for this year and Wenger still has 0 European trophy to his name and badly needs this one... Anyway even if they win this tie they will never beat Atletico!

They don't have to face Atletico to win it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Arsenal have only this to play for this year and Wenger still has 0 European trophy to his name and badly needs this one... Anyway even if they win this tie they will never beat Atletico!

Well yeah, that goes without saying they won't beat Atletico if they play them and probably not Leipzig either, but CSKA should be an easy victory. Currently 4th in the RPL and honestly I have no idea how Lyon lost to them.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Well yeah, that goes without saying they won't beat Atletico if they play them and probably not Leipzig either, but CSKA should be an easy victory. Currently 4th in the RPL and honestly I have no idea how Lyon lost to them.
CSKA have a lot of experience and some nice young talent, they can still finish easily 2nd in Russia and even maybe 1st, they have a very solid 11 but no depth so if they come to the Arsenal games with everyone healthy I fancy them. Arsenal are a one man team at the moment.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
CSKA have a lot of experience and some nice young talent, they can still finish easily 2nd in Russia and even maybe 1st, they have a very solid 11 but no depth so if they come to the Arsenal games with everyone healthy I fancy them. Arsenal are a one man team at the moment.
They scored 3 goals at Lyon they must have some quality.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If you go down the roster, Arsenal is much more talented than CSKA. But please, continue your narrative.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I'd say slightly but certainly not much more. This Arsenal team is allergic to winning.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'd say slightly but certainly not much more. This Arsenal team is allergic to winning.
Definitely more than slightly, but again, you have your narrative. Including the second line. Across all competitions, CSKA has a winning percentage of 51.52%. Across all competitions, Arsenal has a winning percentage of 55.32%. But again, your narrative shouldn't be impaired by anything.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
That's statistics, the reality is that this current Arsenal team under Arsene Wenger isn't exactly stellar. They can be beaten by just about anyone and CSKA have more than enough talent and experience to do it also.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
"Arsenal is allergic to winning"
"Actually they're winning at a higher rate than their opponent"
"That's just statistics"

Uh yeah.

Imagine this:
"Messi is allergic to scoring goals"
"Actually he scores goals at a higher rate than most anyone else"
"That's just statistics"

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon has been absolutely awful for over a month now. Look at their form in L1. I think they have 1 win (a lucky 1-0 at home) in X number of games.
Even without Fekir (injured) they have the talent, but the guys simply don't get along. Memphis and Mariano refuse to pass to each other. Cornet is simply not good enough. Diaz is good but at some point, he needs to behave. Traore seems like the only good guy up front.
Aouar has been bothered by injury too.
Only Traore, Ndombele and Tousard are playing well right now. That's not good enough. Defensively, they've been absolutely dreadful. Of course, Depay and co have no idea what tracking back means.
I was extremely surprised to see them win in Moscow. A testament to how weak CSKA was.
Yesterday, Lyon gifted 3 easy goals. They scored 2 but one of them wasn't even valid. That's how bad they were. And yet they still missed some easy goals that should have seen them through.
CSKA isn't even a threat to Arsenal if both teams play up to their potential.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Lyon has been absolutely awful for over a month now. Look at their form in L1. I think they have 1 win (a lucky 1-0 at home) in X number of games.
Even without Fekir (injured) they have the talent, but the guys simply don't get along. Memphis and Mariano refuse to pass to each other. Cornet is simply not good enough. Diaz is good but at some point, he needs to behave. Traore seems like the only good guy up front.
Aouar has been bothered by injury too.
Only Traore, Ndombele and Tousard are playing well right now. That's not good enough. Defensively, they've been absolutely dreadful. Of course, Depay and co have no idea what tracking back means.
I was extremely surprised to see them win in Moscow. A testament to how weak CSKA was.
Yesterday, Lyon gifted 3 easy goals. They scored 2 but one of them wasn't even valid. That's how bad they were. And yet they still missed some easy goals that should have seen them through.
CSKA isn't even a threat to Arsenal if both teams play up to their potential.
So the 4th place team in France isn't any good?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Other than Zenit that league is absolute trash on paper anyway. I don't know of many other leagues where the champion would go play Liverpool and lose 7-0. Meanwhile that team is currently ahead of CSKA in the table, so if we want to talk about not being any good, Russian league is one of the first things that comes to mind.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
That's why they are rated as high as they are in Europe and have won 2 trophies in the 2000's.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah they suck and nobody cares about that league.
Games are unwatchable, pitches are amateurish.
No russian player can export to a great european team.
Even good ones like Dzagoev stay home and never progress.

Reactions: All Might

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Other than Zenit that league is absolute trash on paper anyway. I don't know of many other leagues where the champion would go play Liverpool and lose 7-0. Meanwhile that team is currently ahead of CSKA in the table, so if we want to talk about not being any good, Russian league is one of the first things that comes to mind.

CZKA are streaky af. They’re not very deep so injuries hit them harder than some other russian teams, and they’ve been forced to play more of their own kids while Zenit has left them in the dust with regards to spending. So their quality depends a lot on their health and current run of form.
Yeah they suck and nobody cares about that league.
Games are unwatchable, pitches are amateurish.
No russian player can export to a great european team.
Even good ones like Dzagoev stay home and never progress.

Alan stalled, but Kokorin has progressed. And their current youth is interesting, with some top talents like the young keeper Mitryushkin already having moved to Europe.

The RPL has serious flaws but they’re firmly in that 6-9 best league mix.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
CZKA are streaky af. They’re not very deep so injuries hit them harder than some other russian teams, and they’ve been forced to play more of their own kids while Zenit has left them in the dust with regards to spending. So their quality depends a lot on their health and current run of form.

Alan stalled, but Kokorin has progressed. And their current youth is interesting, with some top talents like the young keeper Mitryushkin already having moved to Europe.

The RPL has serious flaws but they’re firmly in that 6-9 best league mix.
They are very close to the 5th spot and at least they can win European trophies...

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The league that is a total joke in Europe is France Ligue 1. No suspense lots of boring games and can't compete in Europe not good enough for CL and not even in Europa.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Yet Spartak beat Sevilla 5-1. The team United could only score 1 goal in 2 games against. The league is one of the most interesting to follow in Europe because they are a lot of quality teams and there is suspense and their teams do well in Europe, well they are the best league aside the top 4 for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad