Recalled/Assigned: Ethan Bear Recalled

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
Ethan Bear called up, Stauffer says more will be coming out shortly about it soon and we will appreciate why...not sure what he means, maybe Klefbom getting shut down or something.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I'll have to listen to Oilers Now again when the podcast comes out, but I thought I heard Stauffer say something about the Bear call up being due to circumstances we could all understand and appreciate. My first thought was that Larsson might need more time off for family reasons. At least it gives us a few more reasons to watch these games that don't matter.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Payday for the minor !! Can't wait to see his progress against NHL'rs

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Only 6 goals this year.. stat line isnt too impressive for him.
in other news Gryba has 0 points and is a -11 in the AHL

Reactions: thadd

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Yay, a point shot!

Currios to see where they fit him in, sadly the guy who would have been best for him just got traded in Davidson.

Sekera makes a degree of sense, but he would have been a better option if only he were truely healthy. Still that might be the best...

Nurse-Larsson
Russell-Klefbom
Sekera-Bear

That, or Russell...

Nurse-Larsson
Sekera-Klefbom
Russell-Bear.

Either way, I want him on the PP.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Ethan Bear called up, Stauffer says more will be coming out shortly about it soon and we will appreciate why...not sure what he means, maybe Klefbom getting shut down or something.
fallin for Dahlin?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Compare his stat line to other AHL rookies he’s doing pretty good. He spends a lot of the time on the top pair.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Bear is the best defender on the team offensively.

You could say "But Laleggia" but he has been a forward for almost the entire year.

7th in scoring overall on the team and has played 8-12 less games than the guys above him.

He had an amazing start, had a rough patch after his concussion and has been back to great again.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
If we're just going to look at 16 points in 34 games, let's remember.

1) He's a rookie defenseman
2) There's no offense on the AHL team

It's actually a decent total for his situation.

Reactions: A91

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Bear is 7th in pt/g for rookies as a defensemen for players that played at least 30 games.

Most of those guys above him also play for the best of the teams in the AHL

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
I'll have to listen to Oilers Now again when the podcast comes out, but I thought I heard Stauffer say something about the Bear call up being due to circumstances we could all understand and appreciate. My first thought was that Larsson might need more time off for family reasons. At least it gives us a few more reasons to watch these games that don't matter.
Ya, I thought of that with Larsson as well. We shall see.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Any chance he draws in tonight? That will add some relevance to the game if Aberg and E-Bear both make their Oiler debut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->