Esposito to the Penguins...unreal

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Meanwhile, this team is going to be loved in french Canada. Owner Mario and we seem to collect star French Canadian players over the years.

Honestly, after Toronto traded their first, you guys were the worst fit.

Now every media without hockey knowledge will remind us of that one for years :banghead:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Why don't you draft a defenseman you idiots. Gonchar isn't exactly the best at playing in his own end.

Because "us idiots" need a defenseman now, not 2-4 years from now. If Shero decides to get defensemen he'll do it through trades and UFA.

Anyway, you take the best player available in the draft.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

That will be one talented team.

IMHO they should have gone with Petrecki but that should be an AMAZING team.

HankTheTank

Jul 2, 2006
TORONTO
best player available is the only way to draft ... this isnt the NFL, 3rd round picks don't become starters as rookies

Last edited by a moderator:

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Awesome. All the haters say "The only way Espo can get points is to play with good players, like Radulov". What do the Pens do now? Ugh, play him with Sid or Malk I guess...

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Pittsburgh just got themselves a great young prospect. Although, I was hoping for a miracle that Lou would somehow trade up and grab him when he started falling, I'm happy he's going to Pittsburgh. He's going to make quite a few GM's look stupid for passing him up.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I think the Pens need to beef up on wingers and D- men

maybe move Esposito and Malkin to wingers

So it could be
?-Crosby-Malkin
?-Staal-Esposito

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Oh lord

If they get Doughty next year and then Tavares.

that's a fricken dynasty... Better than the 90's penguins... better than the Oilers

Damn those Pens... Luckily I'm a fan of them :D

GSK*

I just hope for you guys that Esposito will be a great players... Honestly I hoped the habs drafted him with the 22nd pick but was happy that they didn't draft him at #12. He said often that he would rather like making career in skating figure than hockey. But now he is drafted so we don't know.

Killer

May 16, 2006
Karlstad
Freaky friday!
This is f***ing unbelievble!
#87, #71, #29, #11, #19, #58 and #7.
Lord Stanley here we come!

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Another plus to drafting Esposito: he'll fit right into the "Experience the Evolution" commercials with Sid, Geno, Staal, Fleury, and Whitney.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

maybe the pens will grab Mayorov in the 2nd?

That would be 2 steals of top 10 talent.

13o13

Apr 12, 2007
I was pretty sure that the pens would pick a guys like Petricky with the 20th pick and like that habs could get Esposito with the 22th...too bad:cry:
Damn Pens:rant:;)

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I actually got chills and my jaw dropped when I saw that.

That black and gold sweater will be a symbol of greatness for years to come.

The Penguins dynasty has just begun.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I actually got chills and my jaw dropped when I saw that.

That black and gold sweater will be a symbol of greatness for years to come.

The Penguins dynasty has just begun.

IMO This was the steal of the draft in the first round. A top 10 pick with the #20 pick! I doubt he will make the team next season but the Pens sure look like a Stanley cup contender for years to come.

Last edited:

KLM-Line

May 8, 2007
Munich
As they said on fan 590: The rich get richer.

Congratz to Pens and Rangers for the guts to pick great hockey talent others were to shy to try to handle.

Overall I`m surprised by tha amount of US boys who rocketed into the 1st round. Makes the 2nd round worthwhile, too. Not sold though on the (very U.S. heavy) tendency of this years draft selection, personally.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

IMO This was the steel of the draft in the first round. A top 10 pick with the #20 pick! I doubt he will make the team next season but the Pens sure look like a Stanley cup contender for years to come.

Cherepanov would be amazing. Esposito is great too.

Bourque7799

Jun 1, 2006
New England
How sick is this. Pittsburgh wins the lottery. Hell...Esposito wins the lottery. This now gives them a definitely scary top two lines...and a god awful scary powerplay. Good god this is going to be great. Good luck getting tickets to Pens games once the new arena opens.

Easy buck, Esposito wont be in the NHL next year, he has some work to do, regardless it's still an excellent pick.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
as much as i wouldve liked to see shero somehow get petrecki, ideally the penguins can make a deal to get help for the blue line for THIS season. the writing really seems to be on the wall for erik christensen at this point, and he's probably pittsburgh's best trading chip.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Because drafting for need is the most shortsighted thing you could possibly do.

Agreed. I'm not planning on rooting for the Pens much in the near future, because they'll be in heavy competition with the Sens, but, if Esposito works out anywhere close to his potential, this pick will be held up as the shining example of drafting based on the best player available strategy, instead of succumbing to need. I want to see it succeed based on that alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad