Esposito , Kessel , Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.

amon

Jul 20, 2005
Montreal
i dont know him lol i know esposito because i play against him three year ago and the other are great prospect that i heard so i wanna know more about them please tell me

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
1st overall whos knows, that still is a while away, but it looks for sure they will be top 5s.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Its just to early to tell about Tavares, but hey in a little while he'll be in a Generals uni playing OHL, so we will see! But when scouts tell you he is the best prospect out of Toronto in 15 years, you take serious notice. especially recently with Spezza and Nash! Just amazing what he did with Toronto Marlboros and Milton last year at such a young age. Think about this:

Spezza at 14 with Toronto Marlboros 54gp 53g 61a 114pts 42pim
Tavares at 14 with Toronto Marlboros 72gp 91g 67a 158pts 62pim

Spezza - 0.98gpg, 1.13apg, 2.11ppg
Tavares - 1.26gpg, 0.93apg, 2.19ppg

Not to dissimilar. Lets also remember Tavares team won the OHL showcase cup and played Jr.A as well with Milton. 20gp 13g 15a 28pts 10pim

Scouts widely agree Tavares is better at the same age, and we all remember the early Spezza hype, and hell look what he's done in a short time in the NHL and AHL, looks like a hellva player. As for Tavares its early, but damn he looks like an amazing player!

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think Patrice Cormier should also be in the mix of this as well, Esposito is 2007 ranked, Tavaras 2009...Cormier is probably the best for 2008. He is from Moncton, played Jr. A as a 14 year old last year but never got much playing time at all....was sent down to midget AAA to get more playing time and played on the worst team....he played only in like 14 games and was in the top 4 in scoring on the team...he is 6'2/175 pounds and is trying out for team Atlantic as a underager for the up and comming Under 17s this year...they tried to get the QMJHL to make the special player clause for him for the QMJHL draft that just passed but the Q does not want to do that so he will have to waite till next year. He plays like Cam Neeley

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
I dont think theres any way frolik is better then kessel. I mean frolik probably wasnt even the best player on the czech team in the U18's.
While Kessel dominated the tournament . He owned it like ive never seen a player own a tournament b4. Kessel is far and above Frolik and any of the other 06 draft class.

amon

Jul 20, 2005
Montreal
i agree kessel was so great in the wjc ,but you see i think that a guy like esposito will be great he has size , speed , shot and hand seriously i see him a high pick

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
Well he was great in the wjc(u20) which is what i think ur refering to

But i was refering to the wjc(u18), the one the US won gold and Canada took silver, which is a different tournament, Where he completely dominated. It was like how kovalchuk woulda looked if ya woulda put him in the qmjhl last year :biglaugh:

MaV

Jun 23, 2002
bruins8152 said:
But i was refering to the wjc(u18), the one the US won gold and Canada took silver, which is a different tournament, Where he completely dominated. It was like how kovalchuk woulda looked if ya woulda put him in the qmjhl last year :biglaugh:

Or maybe like Kovalchuk himself in the U18s in 2001. Now that was crazy too.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
AnThGrt said:
Frolik is better then Kessell.......

What makes you say that? I don't think he's demonstrated anything to suggest that's the case. He's not bigger, faster, or more skilled and has produced less (much less) when playing in the same tournaments.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
If I'm the GM of an American team, I pick Kessel pretty much no matter what, if I have the first overall pick.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Phil Kessel is the best American forward I've seen. If this kid stays on track, he'll be one of the best players ever.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
bruins8152 said:
Well he was great in the wjc(u20) which is what i think ur refering to

now how would have Kovalchuk played junior last year?

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Tavares isn't a Nathan Horton type player. He's strong on his skates but they play totally different styles. He is an awkward skater, yet a very fast skater. He's more of a pure sniper and explosive player. He's very hard to knock off the puck and he's more of a sniper than a passer which takes the Spezza comparison away from him.

IMO he's a taller Pavel Bure.. just not as fast yet.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Its just to early to tell about Tavares, but hey in a little while he'll be in a Generals uni playing OHL, so we will see! But when scouts tell you he is the best prospect out of Toronto in 15 years, you take serious notice. especially recently with Spezza and Nash! Just amazing what he did with Toronto Marlboros and Milton last year at such a young age. Think about this:

Spezza at 14 with Toronto Marlboros 54gp 53g 61a 114pts 42pim
Tavares at 14 with Toronto Marlboros 72gp 91g 67a 158pts 62pim

Spezza - 0.98gpg, 1.13apg, 2.11ppg
Tavares - 1.26gpg, 0.93apg, 2.19ppg

Not to dissimilar. Lets also remember Tavares team won the OHL showcase cup and played Jr.A as well with Milton. 20gp 13g 15a 28pts 10pim

Scouts widely agree Tavares is better at the same age, and we all remember the early Spezza hype, and hell look what he's done in a short time in the NHL and AHL, looks like a hellva player. As for Tavares its early, but damn he looks like an amazing player!

SPezza was playing under the old Midget system and he was playing MIDGET/.. not minor midget like Tavares.

therefore JT was only playing a year up while SPezza was 14 playing against 17/18 year olds.

There both awesome hockey players.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
ktownhockey said:
Tavares isn't a Nathan Horton type player. He's strong on his skates but they play totally different styles. He is an awkward skater, yet a very fast skater. He's more of a pure sniper and explosive player. He's very hard to knock off the puck and he's more of a sniper than a passer which takes the Spezza comparison away from him.

IMO he's a taller Pavel Bure.. just not as fast yet.

I would agree for the most part. Horton is a high octane Power forward. He's a fluid skater with a nasty streak. Tavares is awkward yes, but as you say he is pretty fast. Tavares definitely has the shooter skills but he has the playmaking skills that Horton doesn't really have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad