Espo opr Turris

fullspeed

Jul 21, 2006
These two interest me the most they are the same size Roughly both play in a weaker league the Q is like the BCHL and both have tons of offensive talent one has four years of College one has two years left to be a pro.
I think Turris is the safer Bet considering the extra development time in College rather then the AHL.
What are you thoughts

Tervin

Nov 20, 2006
These two interest me the most they are the same size Roughly both play in a weaker league the Q is like the BCHL and both have tons of offensive talent one has four years of College one has two years left to be a pro.
I think Turris is the safer Bet considering the extra development time in College rather then the AHL.
What are you thoughts

I don't think we can say that any of them is a safer bet. From what I've read, they both have excellent potential. I've never seen Turris, but Esposito seems like an exceptionnal prospect to me. Where they will play after this year is irrelevant, both ways are proven development channels. Also, BCHL is a much weaker league than the Q. It could be argued that Turris is actually loosing one year of development by playing against such week opposition. It will certainly hurt him in the draft . So for the moment I have to answer Esposito.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
They're both good players, with some knocks against them: Espo is having a fairly quiet year, and got cut from the WJC team; Turris plays in a weak league, although Travis Zajac got drafted out of the BCHL and he's starting to look good for Jersey.

It's a toss-up, but Espo does have a track record of succeeding at a higher lever, so I'd take him for now.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
As an employee of a BCHL team and general fan of the league, I've seen Turris play probably ten times since he entered the league, and quite simply, he destroys the competition. I think he's a better prospect than Zajac was at that age, having seen both play.

No one in the league dominates quite like Turris does, and he doesn't coast either just because he's better than everyone in the league, the guy works extremely hard every shift. Burnaby is a lousy team this year, and he's really only got one other decent offensive threat on the team, Tyler McNeely, who is a pretty decent player in his own right, but he's 19 and not nearly at the same level.

Espo has played against much better competition, but I wouldn't discount Turris because of that. However, I still think Espo is a slightly better prospect, but I would've liked to have seen Turris be invited to the Canadian junior tryouts, just to see what he could do against this country's (U-20) elite.

I'd be surprised to see either slip out of the top-10, but Turris could be a big faller because he plays Jr. A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->