ESPN's mock draft

Wise_one

May 24, 2007
Oilers have 30tgh not 28th. Do not go to ESPN for hockey news....stick to the Canadian sies!!!

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I love that Detroit lost the 1st rounder. Great work ESPN!:handclap::shakehead

If it helps, it means they think you went to the cup ;)

Seriously though, what in the world is wrong with these guys? This is laughably bad. People weren't happy that VS didn't correctly air the Awards, but could you imagine if this was put on the air? Holy cow, does the ESPN NHL staff not have an editor? Was Melrose too busy gelling his hair to proofread this?

But aside from that, ESPN can't wait to cover the draft. Assuming that NHL really means NFL and that they can do it for a week.

Bégin is the bestest*

it's probably the worst mock draft i've seen, but at least they doesn't gives Esposito to Montréal.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Since when does Montreal have the 24th overall pick?

i guess the same year detroit lost there pick in ther bertuzzi deal? oh wait no they didnt...

lets just say i sent them some NICE hate mail and i would love to have more ppl join me on that one.. i said it was a embarrassment to all sport fans

Espo7

Feb 11, 2007
Vancouver, BC
www.geocities.com
Wow that draft is hilarious. Turris going to 6th is a complete joke. Not a chance Washington passes on Turris for Alzner, nothing against Alzner, but Turris is a potential superstar and can centre their second line(or first).

O'Brien to Vancouver at 25 and Katic at 16 are somewhat surprising...they also gave the Preds pick at 23 to the Rangers :/

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
No way Hamill goes at 23. Turris will be a top 3 pick - maybe 4th at the worst, and some may think Gagner goes too early in that draft.

Aside from that I think it's decent.

YA!!

the Montreal thing got me and the Hamill thing right away...what a bunch of homers

andy*

This ludacris, the guy who did this does not know anything about hockey. ESPN is a joke.

If you don't know what to do, don't do anything.

MarkSeidel

Feb 7, 2007
Ladies, Gentlemen and others...

I apologize for upsetting everybody with the attached Mock Draft but There are a couple factors that need to be explained before the HF readers banish me to the woodshed forever...:}

First of all, this Mock Draft was completed at the conclusion of the Under 18 Championships and I specifically asked that a caveat be attached indicating that the Draft order was significantly different then the way the article was listed. At the time of the writing of the Mock Draft, that was the order that ESPN gave me and it was to be posted then but for some reason, they kept delaying it until it appeared yesterday. I sent a note indicating that I wanted to edit it after the order became finalized but I didn't get a reply. As for the attacks on me, they are fine because they are peoples opinions but please note that I didn't get fired from ISS and for some unknown reason, I do have some credibillity in the scouting world despite my best efforts to destroy it...:) If people object to my evaluations, that is great and be assured your thoughts do interest me but I thought I had to defend ESPN and myself and explain the reasons for the errors when it came to the Draft Order...Anyhow, keep up the great work and keep up the arguments against my evaluations coming because although I'm not going to change my evaluations, I think some of the posters make some great points...
Enjoy this weekend...

Mark

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
hehe !!

They have Turris, Petricki, Esposito, Ellerby and Couture going in the same spot in the Mock Draft I made lol.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ladies, Gentlemen and others...

I apologize for upsetting everybody with the attached Mock Draft but There are a couple factors that need to be explained before the HF readers banish me to the woodshed forever...:}

First of all, this Mock Draft was completed at the conclusion of the Under 18 Championships and I specifically asked that a caveat be attached indicating that the Draft order was significantly different then the way the article was listed. At the time of the writing of the Mock Draft, that was the order that ESPN gave me and it was to be posted then but for some reason, they kept delaying it until it appeared yesterday. I sent a note indicating that I wanted to edit it after the order became finalized but I didn't get a reply. As for the attacks on me, they are fine because they are peoples opinions but please note that I didn't get fired from ISS and for some unknown reason, I do have some credibillity in the scouting world despite my best efforts to destroy it...:) If people object to my evaluations, that is great and be assured your thoughts do interest me but I thought I had to defend ESPN and myself and explain the reasons for the errors when it came to the Draft Order...Anyhow, keep up the great work and keep up the arguments against my evaluations coming because although I'm not going to change my evaluations, I think some of the posters make some great points...
Enjoy this weekend...

Mark
Classy move of you to come here in the midst of a flamewar and explain the situation. I was actually coming here to point out the flawed draft order as well but decided to read the entire discussion before I did, now I'm happy I did so. It sucks that ESPN delayed the release of your mock because if this had come out when it was supposed to, it would have been much better received. However, since it's been delayed, a lot of prospects that have been rising in the rankings lately were left out and players who have been free falling went higher than most expect them to.

Personally, I'm not really a fan of the pick you made for Vancouver. While it's true that we need a Center, I don't believe that a player like Jim O'Brien is the right fit. His offensive upside is limited and seems better suited to play a 3rd line role in the NHL...a role that is currently occupied by Ryan Kesler who should have it for many years. A player who I think may be a better fit would be Patrick White. He has a lot of the same traits that would make O'Brien intriguing to the team, but has a better upside in terms of future point production.

MarkSeidel

Feb 7, 2007
Jovo...

You make some very good points and thanks for the comments...I will say that your point about O'Brian being Kesler light may be valid but instead of White, I'd think that Nonis would love Lars Eller in that spot...Slick, skilled Centre...It'll be interesting...

Enjoy the weekend...

Mark

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
well... not much to say, other than espn solely focuses their attention on the nfl, nba and mlb and rarely turns a cheek to the nhl.. and it shows in their mock draft rankings.. why didnt ej hradek do it? at least sometimes he knows what he is talking about in the hockey realm? really i think the top 10 is mangled and that is the easiest part of the draft, even my mock draft (which is posted on HFboards) seems more realistic than this... wheres my paycheque?

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Jovo...

You make some very good points and thanks for the comments...I will say that your point about O'Brian being Kesler light may be valid but instead of White, I'd think that Nonis would love Lars Eller in that spot...Slick, skilled Centre...It'll be interesting...

Enjoy the weekend...

Mark
Eller would be a dream selection if he lasted to us at 25. I'd be doing cartwheels down Robson if Nonis took Eller.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm glad the information came out about when this mock was created. It makes a lot more sense and at least I can take it seriously based on that information. Before I just thought it was pretty off and couldn't believe things would actually go like that. Thanks though for coming out and explaining things.

I liked the choice for the Leafs and hope it holds true going into the draft. There is a lot to like about Backlund and Sweden has been alright for Toronot in the past. He still sounds like a good prospect to add and hope things work out at the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->