ESPN wants the NHL?

druthemole

Feb 28, 2007
I have a hard time believing fly fishing and repeated poker championships get better ratings then a NHL game but I could be wrong

Could it perhaps be because people just don't wanna pay extra $$ for Versus?.......IMO VS is a dud because its audience is so small.

Hartford HockeyFan

Apr 14, 2006
Yes. I hate good coverage too.

Lets go back to the crap ESPN (barely) gave us!

I agree. ESPN did awful coverage. I am happy with the NHL on VS. The NHL needs to get rid of the NHL on NBC. Their announcers all suck including Ray Ferraro and Pierre McGuire. Drop NBC's hockey coverage while we are at it.

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
I agree. ESPN did awful coverage. I am happy with the NHL on VS. The NHL needs to get rid of the NHL on NBC. Their announcers all suck including Ray Ferraro and Pierre McGuire. Drop NBC's hockey coverage while we are at it.

NBC is fine by me for the regular season.

Drop them in the playoffs though. I want good coverage of the playoffs. Not the crap job NBC gives us by cutting out early during the Stanley Cup presentation with no pre or post game shows for friggin game 7. Horrible.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
NBC is fine by me for the regular season.

Drop them in the playoffs though. I want good coverage of the playoffs. Not the crap job NBC gives us by cutting out early during the Stanley Cup presentation with no pre or post game shows for friggin game 7. Horrible.

NBC had 20-22 minute pregame of all SCF games.

Whalerfan11

Feb 28, 2006
Why would anyone want the NHL off one of the top 3 networks!? NBC does fine coverage. I like Ray Ferraro's commentary I think he's good. Pierre McGuire isn't bad either...and what's cool about both of them is that they are both former Whalers!!! (Ferraro-player McGuire-coach)

soundtigersfan

Feb 28, 2007
CT
I don't get VS at school, and the vast majority of the people I know who are hockey fans don't get it at all. There's something to be said when hockey fans aren't even getting the channel that the games are being broadcast on (other than regional networks, anyway).

ATLien

Apr 16, 2006
While the VS. coverage isn't stellar yet, they have continually improved since day one and have shown a clear and strong commitment to the sport. I would like to see games other than just Mon & Tue, and for god's sake please hire a hair stylist for Engblom and Jones!!!

I'm over ESPN. I have, for a long time, thought that the perfect place to grow the NHL fanbase is SPIKE TV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->