ESPN Fantasy League - Newbie question

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Hey guys, I created a fantasy league on ESPN with my friends, none of us have ever done it before. It is "head to head points" with daily lineup changes, max acquisition limit of 7 per matchup. Can you just help me make sure I understand this correctly? We are all a little lost.

So I have 9 forwards, 5 D, 2 goalies, and a few bench guys. My week 1 matchup starts Monday. So is this correct:

Sunday night I log in, and click to check on each day for the week, Aiming to maximize the number of guys in my lineup (rather than on the bench) who play each night. So on Tuesday, if I have no players in my lineup playing but have 4 players on the bench playing, I would want to put all 4 of those guys in the lineup for that night. I should do this to make sure nobody on my bench is playing any given night (unless my lineup is also full). Is that correct? And then i have 7 opportunities to add/drop players to fill in holes each week, and whoever has the most points at the end of the week adding all of those players up each night, wins that week?

To me this seems like I should be trying to maximize that 7 roster moves each week, is that true too?

Thanks.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Yeah you are correct. How many teams are in your league?

Some weeks I use all 7 transactions and some weeks I use only 1 or 2. Just depends on who you have on your team that is easily replaced by waiver players.

Reactions: GellMann

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Hey guys, I created a fantasy league on ESPN with my friends, none of us have ever done it before. It is "head to head points" with daily lineup changes, max acquisition limit of 7 per matchup. Can you just help me make sure I understand this correctly? We are all a little lost.

So I have 9 forwards, 5 D, 2 goalies, and a few bench guys. My week 1 matchup starts Monday. So is this correct:

Sunday night I log in, and click to check on each day for the week, Aiming to maximize the number of guys in my lineup (rather than on the bench) who play each night. So on Tuesday, if I have no players in my lineup playing but have 4 players on the bench playing, I would want to put all 4 of those guys in the lineup for that night. I should do this to make sure nobody on my bench is playing any given night (unless my lineup is also full). Is that correct? And then i have 7 opportunities to add/drop players to fill in holes each week, and whoever has the most points at the end of the week adding all of those players up each night, wins that week?

To me this seems like I should be trying to maximize that 7 roster moves each week, is that true too?

Thanks.
You want to maximize the moves to get more starts but not at the risk of dropping really good players to the waiver wire. It’s a balance.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Yeah you are correct. How many teams are in your league?

Some weeks I use all 7 transactions and some weeks I use only 1 or 2. Just depends on who you have on your team that is easily replaced by waiver players.
8 teams. Thanks!
You want to maximize the moves to get more starts but not at the risk of dropping really good players to the waiver wire. It’s a balance.
thanks, makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad