ESPN *Did* Report Deal Was Done... Now Softened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Jaded-Fan said:
No, it does not. They could have in theory have agreed in principle to the $45 million figure . . . and that article aslo has quotes from sources such as the NHLPA that deny that as well . . . but for arguments sake, let us say for this moment the agreement in principle at $45 million is real. If the other details, luxury tax, floor, caluse #7, and on and on and on are still left, how in hell is it a 'done deal'?

"Done deal" are your words. The thread title is deal is done... as in deal in principle. You know, the thing everyone has been talking about for the last 10 hours. In any event, ESPN changed their story so I'll have to change the thread title if I can.

Doc Hollywood

Feb 1, 2004
Doctor Zoidberg said:
It does too. It's a deal in principle, but that deal in principle is done. Anyway, ESPN has altered their story. No longer does it say EJ Hradek confirms there is a deal in principle. This is not good news.

They are just going by the reports by other sites like Sportsnet and TSN. The NHLPA and NHL are not going to confirm anything until a PC is called stating the facts. They will just deny the reports until then.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Doctor Zoidberg said:
It does too. It's a deal in principle, but that deal in principle is done. Anyway, ESPN has altered their story. No longer does it say EJ Hradek confirms there is a deal in principle. This is not good news.

Just looked, and yes, they specifically changed it from 'agreement in principle' to 'deal is imminent' . . . something caused that.

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
EroCaps said:
How did they alter it? By removing the tag at the bottom of the screen? They do that.

They completely removed the part that said EJ Hradek confirms a deal in principle. They softened their story BIG TIME.

Reilly311

Doctor Zoidberg said:
They completely removed the part that said EJ Hradek confirms a deal in principle. They softened their story BIG TIME.

BUT YOU JUST TOLD ME IT WAS A DONE DEAL?!??!?!

jacketracket*

Jaded-Fan said:
I started out on the hockey forum. I only drifted over to politics when you all nominated a communist to be your standard bearer . . . ;)
:D

Reilly311

The title is still misleading, just delete this thread please.

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Reilly311 said:
BUT YOU JUST TOLD ME IT WAS A DONE DEAL?!??!?!

Would you quit saying "done deal". Are you dyslexic or something? The thead title was deal is done, not "done deal". And I didn't tell you it was done, I told you what EJ Hradek of ESPN said. You've had a few too many tonight, haven't you? I hope you don't plan on driving tonight.

Reilly311

Doctor Zoidberg said:
The thead title was deal is done, not "done deal".

Since you're so smart, would you mind explaining to me the difference between those two?

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Reilly311 said:
Since you're so smart, would you mind explaining to me the difference between those two?

The point is, if you are going to quote somebody, at least try to get half of what they say right. When you claim "I told you it was a done deal" you are just talking out of your a$$.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Doctor Zoidberg said:
The point is, if you are going to quote somebody, at least try to get half of what they say right. When you claim "I told you it was a done deal" you are just talking out of your a$$.

I was merely avoiding copyright infringement issues . . . .

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
It says, "With the NHL and NHLPA in denial, several sources told ESPN The Magazine's EJ Hradek that a deal is imminent."

Perhaps I'm grasping at straws, but that still sounds hopeful to me.

Reilly311

Doctor Zoidberg said:
The point is, if you are going to quote somebody, at least try to get half of what they say right.

Just like you saying "Deal is done" when ESPN is really saying it's a "deal in principle"?

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Reilly311 said:
Just like you saying "Deal is done" when ESPN is really saying it's a "deal in principle"?

Anyone who had been on this board any time in the last 10 hours knows what we are all talking about. Namely the Hockey News story of a deal in principle being agreed to. Do you really want every thread to contain "deal in principle". I was under the impression people would be able to figure out it was a deal in principle as it's the subject of just about every thread here. I'll dumb it down from now on.

Reilly311

Doctor Zoidberg said:
Do you really want every thread to contain "deal in principle".

considering "deal in principle" and "deal is done" mean two completely different things, yes.

Mxpunk

Jul 3, 2004
RPV, CA
Does it make a difference that THN are reporting that Lemiuex and Gretz traveled to NY on Friday?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Doctor Zoidberg said:
Anyone who had been on this board any time in the last 10 hours knows what we are all talking about. Namely the Hockey News story of a deal in principle being agreed to. Do you really want every thread to contain "deal in principle". I was under the impression people would be able to figure out it was a deal in principle as it's the subject of just about every thread here. I'll dumb it down from now on.

Hey Doc . . . not to rip you a new one, but unless I misread you were the one who began bringing up word games . . . Reilly merely pointed back a mirror.

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Jaded-Fan said:
Hey Doc . . . not to rip you a new one, but unless I misread you were the one who began bringing up word games . . . Reilly merely pointed back a mirror.

I didn't bring up word games. The guy kept saying I told him it was a done deal. That's not a word game, it's called a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->