Recalled/Assigned: Erixon recalled from Springfield, Comeau off IR

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 21m
#CBJ have activated Blake Comeau off IR, and they've recalled D Tim Erixon from AHL Springfield. Would suggest Savard out vs. #Canes on Mon.

See Robert, they don't hate him. :sarcasm:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Erixon has more upside plus gives a bit more speed with a Nikitin pairing.

But Goloubef plays the right side, and is a better defensive defenseman.

Both guys have their advantages, and I would assume immediately that it comes down to who looks better in practice/pregame.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Golo is on emergency recall, so I would think he would be sent down when Savard is healthy.

With the forward getting healthy it looks like a trade has to be made

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well, at least he gets to spend a few February days in California

major major

Feb 18, 2013
“@RobMixer: #CBJ D James Wisniewski was smarting after blocking a shot in the third period, but he’s expected to be OK.â€

Bet he's just insurance for the road trip.

So we went in to Buffalo with 6, one of whom ended up sick so we played with 5, and now we are going to California with 8. Better safe than sorry. I'm still hoping we actually put Erixon on the ice and give him a shot

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Also, think about this. This Friday is the roster freeze before the Olympics and lots of people are looking at it as a mini trade deadline day. Why not have extra bodies in case Jarmo swings something before then?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So we went in to Buffalo with 6, one of whom ended up sick so we played with 5, and now we are going to California with 8. Better safe than sorry. I'm still hoping we actually put Erixon on the ice and give him a shot

At what point does Goloubef have to be sent down? He was called up as an emergency replacement for Savard. Now that Savard is healthy and back in the lineup, doesn't he have to go back down now?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I believe he is still waiver exempt so it does not matter how long he's up.

Goloubef isn't waiver exempt. Already cleared waivers after camp.

IBM, think the recall became permanent a few days back and just wasn't announced. I'm pretty sure he's going to have to go through waivers to get sent down.

They're probably going to try and sneak him back down just before the Olympic break, when there's a lot of available players being dumped on waivers.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Goloubef isn't waiver exempt. Already cleared waivers after camp.

IBM, think the recall became permanent a few days back and just wasn't announced. I'm pretty sure he's going to have to go through waivers to get sent down.

They're probably going to try and sneak him back down just before the Olympic break, when there's a lot of available players being dumped on waivers.

Capgeek has him as waiver exempt. IDK maybe I read it wrong or their wrong.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Capgeek has him as waiver exempt. IDK maybe I read it wrong or their wrong.

I just ran it through their waiver calculator and he is not exempt from waivers. Seems wrong after only playing 15 NHL games but the three year thing gets him - I think.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: #CBJ coach Todd Richards said recall of Erixon is simply to cover bases on trip. A few players, including D, have battling the yuck of late.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad