Erik Karlsson On Pace For 100 Pts

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I don't think many of us still realize how blessed and honored we are to have this guy on the team we're hardcore fans of.

Decades from now we will re-live these moments in our heads and realize we just witnessed one of the greatest defenders(if not top 5/10) ever to play on our team. How many people can say that? Most of those players came around decades ago and are few now.

Just wait till we are a contender... Karlsson will enter even higher heights.

Thats all well and good, but when will we ever be a contender? We need money, which we don't have. Heck, we might not even be able afford Karlsson's next contract which is probably $10M/yr. Its bittersweet for me.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Karlsson will surpass Gretzky (who in comparison is a scrub). Will be the first player since to have 200pts in one year. I say in 2019 he will have 45 goals and 165 assists. +300

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Translated this part from a very well respected journalist amongst the swedish players, who has a lot of personal contact with the swedes around the NHL. Lives in NYC and follows the Rangers mostly.

Per Bjurmans blog

When I talked to him after the OT against the Islanders last night, he explained that he was still not quite where he wants to be.
- I'm not feeling a hundred per cent yet and it is actually quite nice, because it means I have to fight to become better all the time, he said.
We have all had the thought before, but it feels more relevant than ever:
Wonder what will happen when Sweden's best defensemen really feel that he is one hundred percent?

Interesting that he is playing at this insane level and isn't feeling 100% yet.

Link to the blog (swedish): http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/perbjurman/2015/12/guldkant-pa-grundserielunken/

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
He might be talking about how he plays/decision making, like adjusting to attacking forwards. He's blocking shots well though in one of the last few games, a shot stung his hands, but it didn't seem to change his desire to block.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
He might be talking about how he plays/decision making, like adjusting to attacking forwards. He's blocking shots well though in one of the last few games, a shot stung his hands, but it didn't seem to change his desire to block.

Could be. Has he said anything how he is feeling about his fitness/foot lately?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad