Erik Karlsson Gratitude Thread

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Funny how the popup begging me to buy season tickets.... Doesnt have EK as one of the players that i should spend my money on seeing as a sen

MisterMethos

Jun 21, 2014
Everywhere and Nowhere
Truly a shame that we could be losing a generational talent because of this owner. Players like Karlsson don't come along all that often. Bryan Murray must be rolling in his grave.

I hope if Karlsson does get moved, he tells his new team he is not interested in a contract extension at this time and keeps an eye out on the ownership situation here in Ottawa. Who knows if Melnyk will still own the team by then.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I hope if Karlsson does get moved, he tells his new team he is not interested in a contract extension at this time and keeps an eye out on the ownership situation here in Ottawa. Who knows if Melnyk will still own the team by then.
I think we would need a great owner as well as a competitive team in one years time for him to return.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
All this is making me sick to my stomach, After tomorrow I don't know what NHL hockey will be to me anymore, 25 loyal years down the drain?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
So do I....but he isn't gone yet.

Pretty much like me today.

Bought a pizza and told myself "Maybe I'll keep some for lunch tomorrow", knowing full well I would eat the entire thing by myself.

Well, here I am, no lunch for tomorrow and ate way too much.

This pretty much seals EKs fate if you ask me.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
My heart skipped a beat when I saw this.

My favourite player and the best who will ever don a Sens uniform. A first ballot lock for the HOF and a top 10 dman all time.

This kid had me watching Frolunda and Bingo he was so exciting. The Olympics, Finland, wherever he went he was the king. An absurdly undersized dman who thought the game several levels ahead of anyone else. Watching him in the WJCs in 2009 was the first bit of hope I had as a Sens fan after the team imploded in 08. Funny how whenever we get close it seems to self destruct right after. Well, not funny really.

I think he would have succeeded anywhere, but coming onto Alfie's team was a huge help. I think getting Gonchar was probably valuable too. But since then we totally failed to get him a forward even close to his level. Our pro scouting deserves more criticism than it gets.

Trading Karlsson is different from any of the many other bad decisions we've made over the years, and different from losing any other player. Never mind that he is the face of the franchise. Temporary injury aside, this guy is in his prime and a contender for the best player in the world. And apparently we aren't even trying to get full value for him. Instead he's a sweetener to take Bobby "our new Alfie" Ryan. This is the willful destruction of a franchise. If this goes through, and the small part of me naive enough to think ownership and management cares about our hockey team prays it doesn't, I don't think I could still cheer for the Sens.

Long live King Karlsson.

#MelnykOut

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I remember being in attendance for Karlsson's first NHL goal against Minny in December of '09. These are sad sad times, I wish him the best wherever he ends up. If it's San Jose, I'll be seeing alot more of him

the second time i saw him live he did this

we lost the game and i didnt even care that much because i witnessed Karlsson go coast to coast live

Reactions: DrEasy

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
that no look shot against philly was filthy. didn’t even look at the net eyes were focused on the trailing player for the cross ice feed, buried it five hole don’t remember who maybe it was on bryzgalov

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
that no look shot against philly was filthy. didn’t even look at the net eyes we focused on the trailing player for the cross ice feed, buried it five hole don’t remember who maybe it was on bryzgalov

I remember. I think he stripped the puck from Jagr as well

Reactions: DanyHeatley

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
The way this team is managed is so pathetic.

How out of touch can ownership/management be?!

This team was ONE F***ING GOAL FROM THE CUP FINALS LAST YEAR!!!!

I can't express how disappointed I am with everything that's developed over the last offseason/year. You DO NOT tear a roster down after that kind of success...

F*** you Melnyk. F*** you for scamming and running Alfie out of a town he loved, F*** you for handcuffing GM BM(rest his soul) while he was with us, F*** you for forcing all the BS lateral penny-pinching trades and moves over the years, and F*** YOU for robbing a once passionate city of a competitive product for the sake of your own pocketbook.

Whether Karlsson ends up moving or not you deserve to be heckled and mobbed by fans any time you show your face in public.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The timing of this is so shitty too. Duchene is looking good, Stone is breaking out into a top winger, and Chabot has had a solid start so far.

It’s a shame.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The timing of this is so ****ty too. Duchene is looking good, Stone is breaking out into a top winger, and Chabot has had a solid start so far.

It’s a shame.
He looks like a CDN version of OEL,kid is going to be really good for us

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Its a very real possibility we have him for the rest of the season, so good on you.

meh well be able to appreciate him more for the rest of the season.

even though it sorta sucks to see erik play when his heart clearly isnt in it

Reactions: Gesus

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
meh well be able to appreciate him more for the rest of the season.

even though it sorta sucks to see erik play when his heart clearly isnt in it

Even this season there's been a few amazing plays by him reminiscent of years past. That pass for Oduya's goal a few games ago, the hesitation pass to Hoffman for the OT winner, that bank pass to Paajarvi, every second he played against Montreal in the outdoor game.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I'll always think of what might have been with that 12-13 season had Cooke not injured him. He was so fast, so dynamic. There's not a doubt in my mind he would have won the Norris that season.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I'll always think of what might have been with that 12-13 season had Cooke not injured him. He was so fast, so dynamic. There's not a doubt in my mind he would have won the Norris that season.

he would have won the hart.

he was playing like it was pond hockey with little kids

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The timing of this is so ****ty too. Duchene is looking good, Stone is breaking out into a top winger, and Chabot has had a solid start so far.

It’s a shame.

That's what baffles me. The team was starting to look better, and getting a few wins. Out of the blue, a tsunami of rumors about Erik and Melynk and the whole thing turns into a completely different reality. It doesn't make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->