Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wait... are you implying leaving Ottawa would somehow shelter her from being trolled on the internet? Quite possibly by somebody who isn't even an Ottawa resident? I'm really not following your logic here...

More rational would be for her to opt out of having a public profile on social media.

edit: oops, looks like Chezz already pointed this out.

Depends how far the harassment has gone, I guess. Re-reading Erik's statement, that person has been creating fake accounts and apparently buying hacked accounts (not sure how Erik would know, unless he already has an investigator after this person) for a number of months. It doesn't sound like the typical social media trash.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Disgusting. Hopefully Erik brought that to the attention of the police. They have a lot of tools these days to track down these "anonymous" accounts and find that psycho. Sounds like someone who should be put on a watch list of some sort.

This is correct. I had a colleague that used to post pretty cogent things on the Ottawa Sun Senators comment section pre-Facebook merge and he was constantly targeted by a few hardcore loons. Much reporting later and they disappeared, only to create new accounts and become more aggressive. Sun didn't do much, "freedom of speech" is fine if you're being harassed, I guess, but ultimately they did the right thing and went to Facebook, which requires a "real" name.

Erik is correct to call out this trash and I am sure it will not influence his decision; hopefully Melinda is getting better and is not overly affected by this as well.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Thoughts are with you guys right now too - as a new parent this is unfathomable and I know I feel sad for him and can only imagine you guys who have been following him closely as one of your own feel horribly for him. May he find inner peace in what has to be the worst imaginable pain. Thoughts with you all from a Flyers fan

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
Is Karlsson going to finish the season with the sens with the road trip to end the season or will he be staying home after the last home game?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Is Karlsson going to finish the season with the sens with the road trip to end the season or will he be staying home after the last home game?
In his recent interview, he said, after the Winnipeg game, he would re-evaluate.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Sounds like some psychopath stalker. Sick ****.
I've heard (from pretty good sources) that they've known who it is for a while now but have been looking to build a case against them (that's why they knew it was a single person with multiple accounts in Erik's response). It sounds like a situation not good for morale. Would want to go into more detail but don't think I can here. Very disgusting and concerning imo.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Did anyone hear AJ yesterday talk about the players he heard were offered? I forget now.
He named a couple I haven't heard before.
I remember Tierney was one.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Exactly. There is no "hockey" deal involving Karlsson that will make this team better next year, in 3 years, or in 5 years. You're not getting equal value back. Nobody is trading for Karlsson while gutting the rest of their team. They'll want to add him to their core, not subtract..

Talk of guys like Point, Draisaitl or even Svechnikov was always wishful thinking. The offer that Tampa made, and ended up trading for McDonagh, is what we'll get.

Trading Karlsson will kill this franchise in the short-term and long-term. The only reason to trade him would be if he wants to leave. And the only reason he'd want to leave is financial.

Reactions: Bean Drown

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I didn't want to start off the stampede of Karlsson to my team threads on the main boards so Bruins fan coming in piece.

Carlo, Lauzon, JFK, Heinen for Karlsson

That sound about right?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I didn't want to start off the stampede of Karlsson to my team threads on the main boards so Bruins fan coming in piece.

Carlo, Lauzon, JFK, Heinen for Karlsson

That sound about right?

Do you always go to funerals and ask the widow to buy the coffin before the body is buried, or is this your first time?

Reactions: coladin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad