Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Just stopping by to add my condolences and express sympathy for Erik Karlsson, his wife, and his family.

I have an idea of what he's going through, my wife and I lost an infant child in 2013. Just visited the grave this past weekend actually. I hope he's able to get the healing he needs and move on.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
EK was angry but restrained. I don't even know how I'd react if I was in Erik's shoes.
I feel he’s not the type who would normally reply to such insanity. However, when you deal with death, your thought process is completely different. It’s unfortunate that he saw it. The person who wrote it has a pretty dark mind.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
My guess is the tragedy. Sometimes a knee jerk reaction is to use geography as a solution to an emotional issue. Fresh start somewhere new.
Agreed.

I misjudged the post as being in reference to EK’s son’s death as being a crap situation as opposed to the disturbed Twitter person.

I take it back.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Exactly what I was thinking, crap like this could be what makes him want a change

Not really the time to be worrying about stuff like that my man.

And even if it is the case, I think it's perfectly reasonable if that's how he feels.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Not really the time to be worrying about stuff like that my man.

And even if it is the case, I think it's perfectly reasonable if that's how he feels.
Well, since his wife who seems to have been harassed by this individual at a tragic time such as this could sway her decision on staying in Ottawa. Only she knows what could be going through her head. I realise it is one very bad apple, but something like this could put a few more nails in the coffin. Hope not though.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Well, since his wife who seems to have been harassed by this individual at a tragic time such as this could sway her decision on staying in Ottawa. Only she knows what could be going through her head. I realise it is one very bad apple, but something like this could put a few more nails in the coffin. Hope not though.

This will have zero impact of where he wants to go. You do know that people that comment of Insta posts could be coming from anywhere in the world. Thats why they call it the world wide web.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Wait... are you implying leaving Ottawa would somehow shelter her from being trolled on the internet? Quite possibly by somebody who isn't even an Ottawa resident? I'm really not following your logic here...

More rational would be for her to opt out of having a public profile on social media.

edit: oops, looks like Chezz already pointed this out.

Reactions: Chezzz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->