Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
There is an outside chance that the offers for Karlsson don't improve at the draft.

By Dorion saying they didn't get any franchise offers, and the reported offers from Vegas and Tampa Bay out there , now he has to do better to avoid a fan revolt.

So another team with huge cap space has to offer up a better deal.

If Karlsson was being a chess master he should have put the ten teams with the most cap space on his no trade list.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
10. Operating income is not profit.

The Sens don't "lose" money in their operations. They generate positive $, but are shackled with the debt that Melnyk CHOSE to place on this asset.

Eugene crying poor and acting like it is the Fans job to support his FAILED business plan is BS.

The Sens made Eugene 26M last year.

Reactions: YOW

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The Sens don't "lose" money in their operations. They generate positive $, but are shackled with the debt that Melnyk CHOSE to place on this asset.

Eugene crying poor and acting like it is the Fans job to support his FAILED business plan is BS.

The Sens made Eugene 26M last year.

Yawn. You make it sound like he is the only owner who is carrying debt. Neither you or I know exactly how much that debt is.

Operating Income is not profit.

If you need 8 or 9 home playoff games to have positive operating income, you should be able to realize and extrapolate how critical playoff revenue is, NOT ONLY to Melnyk, but to all teams. You think Katz is happy? Molson?

Until other revenue streams perform like the other major league sports, and the business model is less reliant on ticket sales, the NHL franchises will need full arenas. That goes for every franchise.

Reactions: IWantMyParade

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yawn. You make it sound like he is the only owner who is carrying debt. Neither you or I know exactly how much that debt is.

Operating Income is not profit.

If you need 8 or 9 home playoff games to have positive operating income, you should be able to realize and extrapolate how critical playoff revenue is, NOT ONLY to Melnyk, but to all teams. You think Katz is happy? Molson?

Until other revenue streams perform like the other major league sports, and the business model is less reliant on ticket sales, the NHL franchises will need full arenas. That goes for every franchise.

Did we not have enough threads on this already.. you need to drag it all into this one

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I am not bragging, I am simply trying to paint a picture, how else is someone supposed to explain to the forum gladiators how the heck little ol me knows and how little ol me can get close to these people. Sorry if I came across like that, but it is what it is.
My point is, again if this is true, why even expose yourself? I’m not talking about explaining yourself. Why would anyone with any type of notorious role with whatever organization go online with a flash card? I don’t intend to be rude and I will still say this: it’s either fabricated or very unprofessional. I never understood name droppers - in my opinion, it falls in the lame category.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I told you folks Brennan was going to have endless copy to write about Karlsson going into the summer.

Another article today. A good one, byline is bascially "they need to sign him not trade him"

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere but Karlsson’s status was changed from healthy to day-to-day on yahoo sports but without an article. Any update from practice?

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere but Karlsson’s status was changed from healthy to day-to-day on yahoo sports but without an article. Any update from practice?

Wasn't feeling well. Hopes to play tomorrow.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
A friend of mine has given birth to 3 still borns... Is there anything genetic about this or is it a matter or fluke/luck?

RealSpartan

Nov 2, 2016
As a relatively new dad I shudder at what they're going through. Heartfelt condolences to them.

Was it a miscarriage or had the child been born? Not that it matters just wondering.

RealSpartan

Nov 2, 2016
Miscarriage, but I believe she was pretty far along. What most would consider the safe zone in terms of the pregnancy.
So a still birth. Again, not that it matters, but damn ...

The public announcement came Nov. 22, so you're correct. At least four months into the pregnancy.
Probably more like 7 months. "Most" couples typically wait until around the 3 month mark to announce (outside of closest family and maybe friends) as this is regarded as the "safe" point in the pregnancy.

Feeling really sad for them right now.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I think based off of some of the players/their gfs' instagrams and such that they had a baby shower this past weekend. I could be wrong but I think thats what it wasa.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad