Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Could burns norris season been a fluke? The guy has started terribly.
its-too-early.jpg

Reactions: NyQuil

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Burns is 32 and peaked the past couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised if his production drops 10+ points this season. The decline is on its way whether it's this season or not, imo.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Which Team Canada member has the media chose to campaign for a Norris Trophy this year?

Joe Thornton hasn't won it yet. Maybe he can get it over Karlsson if the talking heads push it early enough in the season.

I am so bitter about the Burns Norris. More so than the Doughty one. With the Doughty one, at least he won it based on a very subjective idea which is pure defensive skill. With Burns, the entire push for the Norris was based on the premise that he was producing at a historical rate and might win the Art Ross trophy. Half way through the season, he stopped producing at that rate, and I kid you not he finished with almost the exact P/PG as Karlsson and Hedman (0.01-0.02 difference...aka almost nothing). So his Norris push was based on something objective in production, yet when that production advantage is nullified by the end of the season, he still wins the Norris. It made no sense.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Which Team Canada member has the media chose to campaign for a Norris Trophy this year?

Joe Thornton hasn't won it yet. Maybe he can get it over Karlsson if the talking heads push it early enough in the season.

I am so bitter about the Burns Norris. More so than the Doughty one. With the Doughty one, at least he won it based on a very subjective idea which is pure defensive skill. With Burns, the entire push for the Norris was based on the premise that he was producing at a historical rate and might win the Art Ross trophy. Half way through the season, he stopped producing at that rate, and I kid you not he finished with almost the exact P/PG as Karlsson and Hedman (0.01-0.02 difference...aka almost nothing). So his Norris push was based on something objective in production, yet when that production advantage is nullified by the end of the season, he still wins the Norris. It made no sense.

You got it wrong.. the Norris is now a who is missing teeth with a beard award.

Karlsson is way too clean for that award. Beautiful long hair, all his teeth, perfect style.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
You got it wrong.. the Norris is now a who is missing teeth with a beard award.

Karlsson is way too clean for that award. Beautiful long hair, all his teeth, perfect style.

So what you're telling me is all that Borowiecki has to do to finally get the recognition he deserves is grow a beard?

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
So what you're telling me is all that Borowiecki has to do to finally get the recognition he deserves is grow a beard?

Haha well the two you mentiom have huge talent compare to him. But i think that of Boro would grow his beard.. he might get a boost of talent !

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Herman seemed to be the consensus pick going into the season from most news outlets.

He definitely had the early advantage from sports writers (who, let's remember, are the ones who vote on the award) who want to be proven correct.
https://www.silversevensens.com/201...phy-is-erik-karlssons-to-lose-ottawa-senators

"The NHL has developed a recent tradition of crowning the Norris Trophy winner (for best defenceman) before the season starts. "
Not sure this is on the NHL per say but it is really foobared to me for the reporters/taling heads to have a leading candidate for a significant trophy before 1 regular season game is played. I can understand looking at a few players and saying they all could vie for the award ...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
https://www.silversevensens.com/201...phy-is-erik-karlssons-to-lose-ottawa-senators

"The NHL has developed a recent tradition of crowning the Norris Trophy winner (for best defenceman) before the season starts. "
Not sure this is on the NHL per say but it is really foobared to me for the reporters/taling heads to have a leading candidate for a significant trophy before 1 regular season game is played. I can understand looking at a few players and saying they all could vie for the award ...

I am actually just starting to think its because Karlsson plays for Ottawa and most of the media resides in Toronto. Its not a Karlsson thing or a Canadian thing or a Swedish thing. They just cant stand giving Ottawa credit for anything, last years playoff reporting was obvious enough. The negativity about the attendance comes from Toronto, the anti Sens this season based on advanced stats came from Toronto media outlets.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I am actually just starting to think its because Karlsson plays for Ottawa and most of the media resides in Toronto. Its not a Karlsson thing or a Canadian thing or a Swedish thing. They just cant stand giving Ottawa credit for anything, last years playoff reporting was obvious enough. The negativity about the attendance comes from Toronto, the anti Sens this season based on advanced stats came from Toronto media outlets.

And of course we can remember the very complimentary broadcast narrative Paul Romanuk was presenting during the Leafs last game against Columbus last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->