Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I hope so.

I only ever go to one hockey game a year, and that's when Karlsson visits Edmonton. They come on the 14th I think, and a Karlsson less squad would just be depressing to watch.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
When is Karlsson expected back for you guys? I have him on my fantasy team lol...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Would the same question about Connor McDavid vs. Patrick Kane not be met with the same level of derision?

So...just general attitude?

Why is asking how long mcdavid is out for to maybe take kane a question that deserves attitude?

Is there not an amount of games played where they would put up similar point totals? Who gets more points mcdavid in 70 games or kane in 80? Who knows. Could be close.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So Garrioch has penned an article on Karlsson, and it seems they are going to be cautious with him, though thanks to shoddy editing, there's a bit of mixed messages...

Senators general manager Pierre Dorion told the travelling media at the club’s downtown hotel Wednesday morning that a decision has been made to keep Karlsson in Ottawa and the hope is he’ll return to the lineup next week.
Recovering from foot surgery he had in June, Dorion told reporters Karlsson hasn’t suffered from a setback but needs more time to get ready to play because his conditioning isn’t where he or the Senators want it to be.
The hope is Karlsson would join the team either Friday in Calgary or Saturday in Edmonton.
“We are hopeful that he will play at some point in time next week,” Dorion said.

Uhm.... Ok there Garrioch.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
So Garrioch has penned an article on Karlsson, and it seems they are going to be cautious with him, though thanks to shoddy editing, there's a bit of mixed messages...

Uhm.... Ok there Garrioch.
Joining the team doesn't necessarily equate to playing. Joining could be to further ramp up intensity to ensure he is game ready for next week.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Joining the team doesn't necessarily equate to playing. Joining could be to further ramp up intensity to ensure he is game ready for next week.

I guess, but the paragraph starts out with saying they've decided to keep him in Ottawa. If nothing else, three sentences in short order that all follow the form of "hope(ful) that x will happen by y" makes for a terrible read. Serious need of somebody reviewing this stuff before publication imo.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think it may also draws interest with the hope of selling tickets if it is believed that Karlsson is close to playing & could play in a game people want to buy tickets for to watch him. I don't know how many buy tickets specifically to watch him play but there must be some & it doesn't hurt sales if they think he might be playing in the game they want to attend. Just a thought.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
I hope so.

I only ever go to one hockey game a year, and that's when Karlsson visits Edmonton. They come on the 14th I think, and a Karlsson less squad would just be depressing to watch.
Ditto, I only go when he's in Edmonton. He's not making the trip though :(

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
yea i dont think im going. especially if i have to watch boro being awarded more ice time than chabot
Wait am I reading this right? You guys live in Edmonton, so have one chance a year to see your team play live and you aren't going to go because Karlsson isn't playing? HUH

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Wait am I reading this right? You guys live in Edmonton, so have one chance a year to see your team play live and you aren't going to go because Karlsson isn't playing? HUH

If I'm gonna pay 100 plus dollars to watch a hockey game I'd want my team to be good/great. The Senators are mediocre without Karlsson.

And before you say I'm not a "real" fan, I watch almost every Ottawa game that I can.

But still, McDavid, Stone, Hoffman and Chabot will be playing, maybe Brown and Jaros. So I might still go.

But with Karlsson it's a slam dunk.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
If I'm gonna pay 100 plus dollars to watch a hockey game I'd want my team to be good/great. The Senators are mediocre without Karlsson.

And before you say I'm not a "real" fan, I watch almost every Ottawa game that I can.

But still, McDavid, Stone, Hoffman and Chabot will be playing, maybe Brown and Jaros. So I might still go.

You wrote all these words and all I got from it is you're not a real fan.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

lol

"one of the best players who may ever play is in the game against my favorite team (who only comes once a year!), you know the one that gutted its way the an overtime goal from the Cup finals"

wow you must really be looking forward to it!!!

"nah not going"

oh.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
lol

"one of the best players who may ever play is in the game against my favorite team (who only comes once a year!), you know the one that gutted its way the an overtime goal from the Cup finals"

wow you must really be looking forward to it!!!

"nah not going"

oh.

Why should I spend money on the team when the owner doesn't like spending his money on the team.

Before everyone gets pissy I have 5 jerseys that I bought directly from the Sens store and I'm only half serious.

I was just looking forward to watching Mcdavid vs Karlsson since last year, and this draw seems relatively underwhelming.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Why should I spend money on the team when the owner doesn't like spending his money on the team.

Before everyone gets pissy I have 5 jerseys that I bought directly from the Sens store and I'm only half serious.

I was just looking forward to watching Mcdavid vs Karlsson since last year, and this draw seems relatively underwhelming.

i despise the owner, i would like to know however what that has to do with going to see ottawa play in Edmonton. Wouldnt that make it the perfect scenario for you? Go see your team and DONT put money in his pocket as the game is IN EDMONTON.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
i despise the owner, i would like to know however what that has to do with going to see ottawa play in Edmonton. Wouldnt that make it the perfect scenario for you? Go see your team and DONT put money in his pocket as the game is IN EDMONTON.

But what if I despise the Edmonton front office and owner as well

Also I will probably go.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
But what if I despise the Edmonton front office and owner as well

Also I will probably go.

Don't worry about it. You don't have to prove your fandom to anyone.

I don't know where this whole 'you have to go to games and buy all their stuff to be a real fan' came from, but it's incredibly obnoxious. There are tons of hardcore fans out there who have never gone to a sporting event, concert, or first day at the theatre or whatever for their fandom. Fandom is in the heart, not the wallet.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Don't worry about it. You don't have to prove your fandom to anyone.

I don't know where this whole 'you have to go to games and buy all their stuff to be a real fan' came from, but it's incredibly obnoxious. There are tons of hardcore fans out there who have never gone to a sporting event, concert, or first day at the theatre or whatever for their fandom. Fandom is in the heart, not the wallet.

The jerseys I have are Alfredsson, Spezza, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Lehner and Karlsson.

So maybe that's why I'm so salty. Hopefully Karlsson breaks the trend lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad