Erik Johnson vs Jack Johnson

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Storminator16 said:
You are still missing the point. I didn't need the explanation when I read that statement the first time. Maybe you were just trying to find something to argue about, no?

:shakehead
here? someone around here arguing just for the sake of argueing? surely you jest.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Rush5Collapse5 said:
So you missed EJ's skating clinics vs Norway and Finland? He had an end to end with a one on one move even. The guy is 17, 6'4 220 can skate like the wind, pass like Blake and deliver crippling hits. One shift on a PP, he faked a slap shot, which opened the lanes and faked the goalie, then delivered a tape to tape bullet pass for a one timer down low. Scary talent from EJ.

Defensively on one play, he caught up with an opposing breakaway forward and calmly took his stick out of the play while leaning on him to take him off the puck killing the chance. He doesn't look undiciplined. He just looks like a moose with great wheels, a booming point shot and great instincts. He''s unquestionably the US answer to Chris Pronger in a few years.

yea i did not see him vs norway or finland, i did see him again last night vs czechs and there were times he looked real good, also times he looked real tired again. I dunno wether because of his size he tires out, or just a lot of hockey in a short period.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Storminator16 said:
You are still missing the point. I didn't need the explanation when I read that statement the first time. Maybe you were just trying to find something to argue about, no?

:shakehead

Are you kidding me? There is no point to miss. The draft is all about upside. Someone will take EJ because he has tremendous upside. Someone will like EJ more than Jack because he does have the look of a Blake/Pronger. Myself, I like JJ alot. But to hold EJ as a lesser prospect and cite upside as his deterrent is being blatantly biased.

Either way, I've been done with this for awhile. I commented on what it looked like: obvious homerism. How dare someone possibly like an upcoming draft eligible more than your own.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
sorry...had to dig this up....With Erik the slam dunk pick at #1 overall (it would seem) Pens and Blues fans want to know more about EJ.

Please continue to post your impressions of Erik Johnson as they do/don't relate to Jack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->