Value of: Erik Gustafsson

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
What do the Flyers in a return for him or is he not available?
Consider vatanen as an alternative . He’s a million dollars cheaper . He can move the puck well to but he’s not a total defensive liability like gustafsson.

Reactions: banks

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I'd take a bucket of practice pucks for him. Fletch shouldn't have signed him in the first place, they already had an offensive defenseman who is a dreadful defenseman in Gostisbehere (who I think has played his last game for the Flyers).

Yep. He paid money to clone a player that was already playing his way off the team.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I'd take a bucket of practice pucks for him. Fletch shouldn't have signed him in the first place, they already had an offensive defenseman who is a dreadful defenseman in Gostisbehere (who I think has played his last game for the Flyers).
Why do you think ghost has played his last game there ?

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Why do you think ghost has played his last game there ?
AV likes his guys as does Fletcher. Most GMs do. Ghost is a scapegoat for AV. Ghost has been arguably one of our best Dmen this year. Analytics and the eye test somewhat back it. Whenever the team has a bad d game (which has been every game as of late) AV is is quick to throw Ghost under the bus.

AV doesn’t dare mention Hayes (especially Hayes), Provorov, or others who rightfully deserve criticism. Ghost is just an easy target. Sad, but true.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
Retention of twenty percent on Gustafsson and he's worth a 5th round pick.
Retention of 50% and he's worth a 4th round pick.

Last edited:

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Ghost is a below average NHL defenseman, despite the fact that some Flyers fans can't let go of what he showed earlier in his career. Gustafsson is like him, except worse. Completely unnecessary and bad signing. I'd trade him for a healthy scratch on an ECHL team. Why any other team would want him is a mystery.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Take him back in Calgary for a pick. Upgrade on Valimaki.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad