Confirmed with Link: Erik Foley Signs ELC (3 years starting 2018/19)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Erik Foley

Erik Foley: 2015 Draft Prospect Profile

Jets pick Erik Foley is turning heads with Team USA | The Hockey News

giphy.gif

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
I know it's only college highlights but that kid looks like he's got game. Put on a little more muscle and let's go. He looks good enough to me that he's going to get his shot in the NHL. Blues should sign him.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Really really like what im hearing and what im seeing from this kid. He has the grit and style of play ive been talking about that we lack. He brings grit, but has skill and speed. Give me a few more just like him. Can anybody think of a good comparison past or present? And please dont say Jamal Mayers

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
“Foley again was a real bright spot," said coach Bob Motzko. "He's a big body, plays a north-south game and gets the puck deep in the zone. He's a big, strong athlete, so he can stay out there and not lose a lot of energy. He deserved to be out there, he's been playing real well.”

Hmm. 5’11 180 lbs is big? Has he grown? Please be 6’ 200 Lbs and growing.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
He and Soshnikov are just what we need
This is why I'm not freaking out about the future. DA sat down at a press conference with Hitch and they gave that interview where they talked about the league getting fast and reckless. The mistake DA made was letting Hitch stick around. Other than that, he's done exactly what he's said he was going to do. It sucks to be a fan right now but, like he said, when every team in the league is calling about your prospects, you're doing something right.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Foley-Barbashev-Soshnikov 3rd line once soby and berg are gone sounds good to me haha

Eh, we could get decent return from Sobotka, but Berglund is questionmark to me. Do we need to pay to teams get him (mid or late round pick) or could we get mid or late round pick for return?

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Eh, we could get decent return from Sobotka, but Berglund is questionmark to me. Do we need to pay to teams get him (mid or late round pick) or could we get mid or late round pick for return?
I’d imagine we could get atleast a 3rd for bergy

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Montreal has 4 second round picks in the 2018 draft including their own. If I were Army I would be burning up Bergevin's phone trying to get my hands on one of those for Berglund given how desperate they are for centers.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Montreal has 4 second round picks in the 2018 draft including their own. If I were Army I would be burning up Bergevin's phone trying to get my hands on one of those for Berglund given how desperate they are for centers.
one?

If Roman ‘the door’ Polak can get two 2nds, I can’t see why a 20-goal, Corsi-stud who happens to play in a position of need couldn’t get a pair of 2nds. Especially considering nobody is going to confuse Mark Bergevin with Steve Yzerman anytime soon. He’s closer to Peter Chiarelli than a competent NHL GM.

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
Providence beat Clarkson in their first-round game in the NCAA Tournament last night and will face-off against #1 Notre Dame tonight at 6:00pm CDT on ESPNU. I know this coincides with the Blues game at Columbus so the DVR will be in use for me tonight. I love Foley's combination of speed, power and athleticism. It would be awesome to see him playing in San Antonio next year alongside Kyrou, Kostin and Thomas. Great move by Army to snare Foley in addition to Winnipeg's first-round pick (makes up for giving up our own first-round pick in the Brayden Schenn deal with Philly). I think it might be a bit premature to expect Foley and the others I mentioned to make an impact next season. However, 2019 should be a very transitional year for the Blues as a number of our top-tier prospects will likely be ready for the NHL. Sanford, Blais, Schmaltz and Thompson would be the key breakout guys next year one would think. Our prospect talent pool hasn't been this stout since I can recall.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Why should The Blues be able to get more for Sobotka than for Berglund? All I've seen from Sobotka this season is invisibility on offence, and no energy and no willingness to make plays on defence (e.g. avoiding contact as much as possible). And his best attribute, face-off wins, has dropped from 60% (with The Blues before leaving for Russia) to a closer to average, 50.5 to 51%. Berglund hasn't played very well, but, has started to score lately, and do some hitting. But people still remember his disappearing for weeks at a time. Neither player is going to bring much, EVEN when they agree to waive their contract trade limitation rights, IF another team is willing to accept them in trade.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Why should The Blues be able to get more for Sobotka than for Berglund? All I've seen from Sobotka this season is invisibility on offence, and no energy and no willingness to make plays on defence (e.g. avoiding contact as much as possible). And his best attribute, face-off wins, has dropped from 60% (with The Blues before leaving for Russia) to a closer to average, 50.5 to 51%. Berglund hasn't played very well, but, has started to score lately, and do some hitting. But people still remember his disappearing for weeks at a time. Neither player is going to bring much, EVEN when they agree to waive their contract trade limitation rights, IF another team is willing to accept them in trade.
Sobotka only has 2 years left at 3.5M. His contract is much better than Berglund’s.

He’s also already eclipsed 30 points so his production is just as good as Berglund’s.

Plus I bet you he will still have a reputation of being gritty around the league.

I’m fine with trading Sobotka, but it’s not like he’s worth a sack of potatoes. There would absolutely be interested in him from other teams.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Providence beat Clarkson in their first-round game in the NCAA Tournament last night and will face-off against #1 Notre Dame tonight at 6:00pm CDT on ESPNU. I know this coincides with the Blues game at Columbus so the DVR will be in use for me tonight. I love Foley's combination of speed, power and athleticism. It would be awesome to see him playing in San Antonio next year alongside Kyrou, Kostin and Thomas. Great move by Army to snare Foley in addition to Winnipeg's first-round pick (makes up for giving up our own first-round pick in the Brayden Schenn deal with Philly). I think it might be a bit premature to expect Foley and the others I mentioned to make an impact next season. However, 2019 should be a very transitional year for the Blues as a number of our top-tier prospects will likely be ready for the NHL. Sanford, Blais, Schmaltz and Thompson would be the key breakout guys next year one would think. Our prospect talent pool hasn't been this stout since I can recall.

Thomas will be with the Blues next year. He isn't eligible to play in the AHL and the team won't leave his development to Hamilton.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It depends on circumstances. The Blues can negotiate with anyone about Sobotka, and take whatever the best off is. Versatile third liner who is only signed for 2 more years will get interest.

Berglund is problematic because of his NTC, also the 4 years on his contract might put some off. It's a full NTC until July 1, then it drops to 20 team. If he uses that effectively then it would limit where we can send him beyond 20 teams by having the likes of Chicago, Nashville and Tampa on the allowed list.
I actually could see Foley making the squad next year, he was a 2015 draftee and very well could be ready. And if that's the case he should get a look on the 3rd line.
I think that there are probably too many in his way to make the roster out of camp, but you never know. If we get Tavares, then the injuries to Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson could limit our ability to add another winger via trade. That would certainly increase the chances for Foley.

Reactions: 67Blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->