Erie Otters v Kitchener Rangers tonight

coolguy21415

Jul 17, 2003
Hey guys. I've been really busy this year so I haven't been able to follow much in the way of prospects, but I was hoping someone could point out a couple of players I should keep an eye on tonight when I watch the game.

Also, where is Myles Applebaum playing now? I remember him starting the season with the Rangers, but can't find him on an active roster.

Thanks.

coolguy21415

Jul 17, 2003
Cool, thanks for the tips! Yeah I'm more interested in '07 eligible guys, but I'll try to keep an eye on as much as I can.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Apparently Applebaum injured his shoulder in October and left the team to ponder his future in hockey.

If you're looking to watch up-and-comers, pay attention more to Erie as a whole. Their whole team seems stocked with '89s and '90s.

WesternCollegeHockey

Jul 13, 2006
Apparently Applebaum injured his shoulder in October and left the team to ponder his future in hockey.

It's a shame that his hockey career is pretty much over by his 19th birthday when, if he had stuck with his college commitment to Michigan State, his career could just be starting.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
If you're looking to watch up-and-comers, pay attention more to Erie as a whole. Their whole team seems stocked with '89s and '90s.

Which is probably why they lose by 4 or 5 goals most nights.

Josh Kidd and Anthony Peluso are two really big guys ('07 eligible), but are more project picks, probably in the mid or late rounds.

For Kitchener, Dan Kelly and Nick Spaling are two '07 eligibles on the rise.

Bam Beet*

How has Victor Oreskovich been playing lately for those who watch Kitchener games?

coolguy21415

Jul 17, 2003
How did Kindl look?
Tonight he looked pretty average.. Got knocked off the puck quite a few times, wasn't really connecting and passes. He has a nice shot, though. He'll look real good on the point of a PP. Overall the entire Kitchener team looked awful tonight with perhaps the exception of Halischuk, who impressed me with the effort he put in at both ends of the ice, and with his backchecking.

The two players I was most impressed with were both on Erie: Zack Torquato and Shane Taylor. Taylor especially was all over the ice, playing well on both ends, and though Erie's goal was given to Peluso, I'm pretty sure Taylor tipped it in. Torquato was great on the forecheck, and was about the only working facet of the Otters' transition game. Overall the game was really, really poor in terms of passing for both teams, and though Kitchener was better, neither team really deserved a win.

I don't know how highly touted Azevedo is, but he looked terrible tonight (though I did meet his parents and girlfriend tonight, who's pretty hot). One game does not a player make, so I'll try not to judge them all just from tonight. I'm going to another game in a week or so, and hopefully I'll see Downie then.

Palmeiri seemed not to really start playing until the last 10 minutes, when he started using his body to get position. He's got some pretty good wheels, too. Peluso looked a lot more comfortable in the offensive zone than back on defense. He also had trouble clearing the front of the net, and took a completely unnecessary penalty.

I didn't take a notepad, so that's about all I can remember.. Weber had an okay game. Frank Grzeszczak on Erie looked bi-polar. He'd make a great play, then the next time he had the puck he'd cough it up completely..

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
It's a shame that his hockey career is pretty much over by his 19th birthday when, if he had stuck with his college commitment to Michigan State, his career could just be starting.

What is that you are trying to say? That college is so soft that Applebaum would not have to worry about shoulder injuries since hitting is frowned upon and almost banned in the CCHA????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad