Erie Otters 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Hearing Carson Edwardson no longer with team,or least did not make road trip,has asked for trade.Deal couldn't be worked out,was put on waivers from what I understand,not claimed,waiting to see what happens.
Heard he isn't the only one unhappy with Coach Hartsburgh.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Hearing Carson Edwardson no longer with team,or least did not make road trip,has asked for trade.Deal couldn't be worked out,was put on waivers from what I understand,not claimed,waiting to see what happens.

unhappy with Hartsburg? yes because im sure you have the inside scoop of the daily lives in Erie. Lets spread rumors about a brand new coach and see what happens. If the rumors are coming from Carson because he is unhappy then possibly it is sour grapes from him. Not getting ice time, benched by Hartsburg for undisciplined/inconsistent play - so wouldnt shock me if some initial rumors are coming from Carson's camp because he is frustrated and is trying to blame the coach

Edwardson should be unhappy with himself. Hartsburg gave him numerous chances.
Edwardson at -9 this year and with 31PIM in 24 games. Leads the team in PIMs. I dont recall him having more than 1 fight either so those PIM are from undisciplined play. I can, just off the top of my head, think of 4 or 5 penalties he has taken that are sooo undisciplined. Either in the offensive zone, late in the game with a tie game or Erie holding a 1 goal lead, etc.

Edwardson is not in future plans either
look at next year for forward group

Golod
Gritz
2018 Top Pick
Robinson
Sproule
Trade for Raddysh?
Poddubyni or Patry
Top Import Pick?
Mack

all will be ahead of Edwardson imo. The only ones to argue are Mack and Patry. But both those guys are younger. So you have 9 guys that should be above him. Thats not even including Lodnia, Mak, and Girhiny who could start 2018-19 with the team. All above him as well. Lets not forget Schroeder who could sign or another random player we have no idea about aka a Golod type guy (Hoffman, Shimizu, etc).
So Edwardson probably sees that. The coaching staff sees it too. And he isnt getting young. Due to be a 4th year player next year, which should be his last because I dont see him as an OA in this league, but especially with Erie.
Is what it is. If he played better he would get the ice this year tho. Bottom line: he has earned what he has gotten

Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
This team is awful. Worst defence I have ever seen. Just horrible.
i dont think you understand the rebuild aspect

first off, defense is a team game and we are super young.
secondly, Wainman, Martin, Henry, Duff, Timmermans are essentially rookies on the backend when it comes to getting minutes.

But why get upset during a rebuild year? we all expected or should have expected this exact situation. I had the team down for a few more wins at this point but I also expected Timpano to have a Williams like OA year.. I was wayyyy off on that lol.
I wanted and said we needed a top 4 pick..we are likely getting that. 6/7 overall might not seem much different but closer to the 1st overall pick the better because we need that star player to build around and give us direction. 4th overall means you can pick more of who you want than 6 or 7th overall

Last edited:

OttersFan97

Dec 10, 2017

It's official. Just saw a post on Twitter by Victor Fernandez.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
unhappy with Hartsburg? yes because im sure you have the inside scoop of the daily lives in Erie. Lets spread rumors about a brand new coach and see what happens. If the rumors are coming from Carson because he is unhappy then possibly it is sour grapes from him. Not getting ice time, benched by Hartsburg for undisciplined/inconsistent play - so wouldnt shock me if some initial rumors are coming from Carson's camp because he is frustrated and is trying to blame the coach

Edwardson should be unhappy with himself. Hartsburg gave him numerous chances.
Edwardson at -9 this year and with 31PIM in 24 games. Leads the team in PIMs. I dont recall him having more than 1 fight either so those PIM are from undisciplined play. I can, just off the top of my head, think of 4 or 5 penalties he has taken that are sooo undisciplined. Either in the offensive zone, late in the game with a tie game or Erie holding a 1 goal lead, etc.

Edwardson is not in future plans either
look at next year for forward group

Golod
Gritz
2018 Top Pick
Robinson
Sproule
Trade for Raddysh?
Poddubyni or Patry
Top Import Pick?
Mack

all will be ahead of Edwardson imo. The only ones to argue are Mack and Patry. But both those guys are younger. So you have 9 guys that should be above him. Thats not even including Lodnia, Mak, and Girhiny who could start 2018-19 with the team. All above him as well. Lets not forget Schroeder who could sign or another random player we have no idea about aka a Golod type guy (Hoffman, Shimizu, etc).
So Edwardson probably sees that. The coaching staff sees it too. And he isnt getting young. Due to be a 4th year player next year, which should be his last because I dont see him as an OA in this league, but especially with Erie.
Is what it is. If he played better he would get the ice this year tho. Bottom line: he has earned what he has gotten

Told ya, no attempt to slight the coach
Only reported what I heard

Reactions: OttersFan97

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Told ya, no attempt to slight the coach
Only reported what I heard
never said the rumor of him leaving was false. in fact i expected it weeks ago when he was given chances yet kept taking dumb penalties or playing poor and then getting benched for it..
I said you had no clue about the opinions of the entire roster. And thats still true

wish him the best in his future but he is not better than 8 or 9 current forwards on the roster. And hard to justify in a rebuild year him getting more minutes than the guys right near him in the 10-13 forward depth in Sproule, Patry, Mack who are younger and at least Sproule having much more potential. All things considered he is a 4th liner on the current team. Hartsburg somehow still was giving him top 6 or 9 minutes on many occassions. Wanted him to succeed, clearly. Benched him for a game then immediately played him in the top 6 the next game. Why? because he was giving him that chance but expected and needed him to be better to justify his ice time over guys like Gritz/Golod who are younger and have more potential. Carson never took advantage of those chances. Instead he was not satisfied with the role that is really what he is - 4th liner power forward. Not much more. And it isnt changing next year if/when erie adds a 16 or 17 year old for Raddysh, a top 2018 ohl and/or import pick, and if they sign someone like Schroeder. Doesnt have a significant role now and tbh that role could diminish next year if Sproule/Mack etc develop

Erie is better off for this. they need to play young guys ..especially those with more potential

EOWS

Feb 15, 2017
Just saw murdaca play yesterday on sportsnet with the Acadie-Bathurst titan and looks like he's doing well. Wonder what it would be like if they kept him? Possibly help the team with a couple wins?

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Murdaca most definitely would have helped this team, but in the big picture, it would not have mattered. It will give the younger goalies a chance to play.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Trade deadline about 3 weeks away. My quick take on it is Raddysh is the only “guarantee” to be moved. And he has a real good shot at landing a 2001.

Sambrook should almost certainly be moved too. But I see it more of a 80-90% chance. I expected more wins for Erie by late December, in part because I expected timpano to be better. Hasn’t happened. Granted, the team has been competitive in the majority of their games. I’ll give them that. They have blown leads and show their youth, lack of depth at times but still..it seems like they have been in most games. So my original take of this being a 17-18 win team by the start of the new year wasn’t far off.. slightly better goaltending and special teams play and those 1 goal losses and some blown leads become wins.

But because of the actual record and the trading of Sambrook/Raddysh.. I see no point in keeping Headrick. Put him on the market. If he can get you just 1 second or 1/2 thirds..plus some mid level pick(s)..I would move him.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Ottersguy, were Raddysh moved to SSM, who would be available/desirable for Erie to get from SSM?

Pope Francis 1

Mar 13, 2013
Raddysh for 01 Fowler forms the central part of any deal plus 00 assets (note that a couple of 00 players are untouchable). 99s Martin (F) and Demeo (D) would be possibilities. Picks as additional pieces subject to the players involved. The framework of such a deal makes sense for both parties.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I think Raddysh for Fowler and 4 higher picks (2nd/3rd round) is what would be expected. Can’t see Erie getting another young player in return because they need picks too. And Fowler would be the main prize. But I could see a 99 or 00 defender if Headrick is part of the deal. Which is a strong possibility.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
We are planning on going to the game tomorrow night in Erie. Obviously, they have a little snow there. If a new snow emergency is declared, or Kingston can't make it, no game. How is the parking situation around the arena? We live in Smethport, where we had a whopping 3 inches of snow since Christmas.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I'm not sure if you'll be able to make it buzz. There's so much snow in Erie right now it's unreal. It's been a rude awakening for me, visiting for the holidays. The streets in the city are tough to drive or park on because of the amount of snow.

You'd probably be okay in the Erie Insurance parking lot next to the arena though assuming we don't get hit hard again tomorrow.

ME16510

Jan 8, 2017
Nothing official yet, but Troy Timpano's comment on this picture makes it sound like he's leaving the team in one way or another.

"Going to miss you brother, #coachella2018"

EpicOtters

Nov 26, 2013
Raddysh and Sambrook to the Soo.

Five 2nds, two 3rds, 2 6ths, and Fowler. 9 picks and a young player. Not too shabby.

Nothing Else Maattas

Oct 25, 2012
Erie, PA
Haven't really be able to go to games this season, but i've been following along on twitter.
We'll always have that hat-trick in game 5 by Taylor Raddysh, but there was no reason to waste the rest of his junior career on this year's version of the Otters.
Last time I was actually saddened by a trade was when McKegg was traded to London.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Jan. 6ERTaylor Raddysh
Jordan Sambrook
SSMHayden Fowler
SSM 3 2018
SSM 6 2018
FLNT 2 2019
GUE 2 2020
SSM 2 2021
SSM 6 2021
SSM 2 2022
LDN 2 2023
SSM 3 2023
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Nothing Else Maattas

Oct 25, 2012
Erie, PA
I'll be one of those to admit I wasn't a huge fan of Sambrook when he first came to Erie, but when you get past the fact he played with two of our greatest d-men of all time in Dermott and D. Raddysh he was actually a really reliable player that could log you 22-24 minutes a night, and has a scoring touch too.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Jordan is a good skater with an offensive upside. He can take the puck from end to end. He will fit in nicely with the Soo.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
So, any more trades for the Otters? I like the trade. Both teams win on this one. Who will be named the captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->