Eric Staal or Alexander Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baisleyens

Sep 12, 2005
I like AO very much... but unlike most of the people here I would pick Staal for now and AO when his ego comes down a notch.

But very close for me though

Transported Upstater

SoCalSharkzFan said:
It's like saying: Who am I gonna build my team around (at same age): Joe Sakic, or Marion Hossa

Joe Sakic!!!!!

Randall Graves*

2 more assists for staal tonight...I think right now he's better than Ovechkin..

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
RallyKiller said:
2 more assists for staal tonight...I think right now he's better than Ovechkin..
did you see the assists? just awesome - he made the d look silly. neither one was a pass, just someone burying his rebound.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
bleedgreen said:
did you see the assists? just awesome - he made the d look silly. neither one was a pass, just someone burying his rebound.

Yea but did you see the move Staal made on the boston defender which created the 2 on 0 on Kaberle's goal? Staal looked very impressive on the ice and is only going to get better.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Some of the moves Staal was pulling off last night don't work in the beer leagues but he was using them against NHL defensmen. Or as close to that as the Bruins put on the ice. ;)

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
FLYLine88 said:
Yea but did you see the move Staal made on the boston defender which created the 2 on 0 on Kaberle's goal? Staal looked very impressive on the ice and is only going to get better.
I was thinking the same thing. Everytime he touched the pack after the halfway point of the second period I was on the edge of my seat. Very impressive.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
SoCalSharkzFan said:
It's a dead heat with me. If we're talking about who would I rather have on my team, I'd probably take Ovechkin on my team. Then again we could use a center.

If I was building a team around who I picked? I'd take Staal. You don't build a team around a winger.

It's like saying: Who am I gonna build my team around (at same age): Joe Sakic, or Marion Hossa

I was thinking the same thing except different players. Brad Richards or Jagr. Personally, I would take Richards. You build teams around players like him, scorers like Jagr and AO are necessary to win and a good team has to have them. So like SCSF said if I were to build a team around one of these guys, then I take Staal, if I had a decent team that was just about there I would take AO to put us over the top. It's a toughy.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I think Ovechkin is more than just a scorer.

This year possibly Staal. After that possibly Ovechkin, but they are both young so only time will tell and even then it may be open to debate.

Sticky*

SneakerPimp82 said:
when has ego ever been stated as a problem for AO?

I agree. Ovechkin is not a problem at all. Ask any player on the caps, his enthusiasm for hockey is contagious. And you can tell his is having a ball playing this game.

Randall Graves*

EroCaps said:
Ovechkin. If he played for the Canes, he'd be leading the league in points.
Staal is leading the league in points, does that not count for anything?

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
SoCalSharkzFan said:
It's a dead heat with me. If we're talking about who would I rather have on my team, I'd probably take Ovechkin on my team. Then again we could use a center.

If I was building a team around who I picked? I'd take Staal. You don't build a team around a winger.

Iginla and Naslund seem to be decent guys to build a team around. I understand why it is important to have a great center but when players are as good as Ovechkin they can have a team built around them just like any center. As for who I would rather have I would say AO but it is much closer then some may think.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I'd go with Staal.
Ovechkin is a helluva player..but Staal makes everyone around him better.

He's better nothing short of spectacular this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad