Eric Johnson vs. Jack Johnson

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
Anyone who saw the Minnesota/Michigan game got some recent comparison. Both players pressed. EJ is still pretty raw but has serious tools. IMO JJ impacted his team more via pushing the play and was a bit more polished. I thought that night JJ was one of the 5 best players on the ice...EJ was not. Even so, give EJ another month or two.

Pipeandin

Dec 7, 2004
I would say JJ and EJ are different players. JJ being more offensive. EJ more two way. I looked at the stats from Michigan Minnesota and EJ was +2 or something and had 2 assists and JJ was -3 or 4 with no points. I am just wondering how if those stats are indicative of their own play? Or just the fact that Minnesota controlled the game?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
EJ will probably initially have a little more trouble adjusting to the speed of the NHL.

Uhhhh, how often have you seen him play? That's completely false. His skating is fantastic. Have you ever seen him play? His mental game is top notch as well. Much more than JJ's, IMO.

julitog

Jan 18, 2004
Florida
Uhhhh, how often have you seen him play? That's completely false. His skating is fantastic. Have you ever seen him play? His mental game is top notch as well. Much more than JJ's, IMO.

I've seen them both play on multiple occassions, and they both are truly great skaters. All defenseman have trouble adjusting to the NHL speed. The post asked for opinions on skills when compared to each other and in my opinion JJ has better lateral movement and skates a bit more effortlessly. EJ in my opinion is a bit more mature. both have very similar skill sets and opinions are why we have a discussion board. My opinion is although they both are great prospects, I personally prefer JJ by a slim margin because of the current trends in the NHL.

That is my opinion and it based on my observations of both players. Let's enjoy them both on TEAM USA and see them bring home the gold!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I've seen them both play on multiple occassions, and they both are truly great skaters. All defenseman have trouble adjusting to the NHL speed. The post asked for opinions on skills when compared to each other and in my opinion JJ has better lateral movement and skates a bit more effortlessly. EJ in my opinion is a bit more mature. both have very similar skill sets and opinions are why we have a discussion board. My opinion is although they both are great prospects, I personally prefer JJ by a slim margin because of the current trends in the NHL.

That is my opinion and it based on my observations of both players. Let's enjoy them both on TEAM USA and see them bring home the gold!

I just wonder if it's more your opinion because of your avatar rather than actual unbiased view.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad