Injury Report: Eric Fehr (hand)

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Fehr did a lot of valuable grunt work last night. That should not be overlooked.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Sounds like it might be long-term:

Clearly Lou has taken his methods to a nasty level...

Lou: Yer not playing again

Eric: I'm not?

Lou: Nope , you broke your hand.

Eric:
I did?

*****CRUNCH!!!!!******

Lou: Yep, ya did....bada bing bada bang

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hopefully he can come back for next year. Would love him as the 13th forward next year.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
apparently :naughty:

my eye test told me they did exactly what the 4th line is supposed to do, heavy on the forecheck, high pressure on the backcheck and earn their paycheque

That is not score adjusted, remember we were leading the whole game.

4th line also had 0% zone starts last game, they were always starting on their own end. They had a fine game.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Well thats unfortunate. He was solid yesterday and was pretty good. Prefer him over Leivo but oh well. Hopefully Leivo realizes now you cant show up to compete for 4 games and than take 4 games off. Leivo should take the opportunity and run with it whenever he plays again.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Were you watching the game? They were awful until the 3rd.

Did you watch the game? No one on this team was awful!

Loved the fourth line, especially in the 1st period. They set the tone, and game out of the gate swinging. That is the exact kinda play you need from a 4th line in order to defeat better opponents. Put the other team on their heels! Loved it! Columbus did come back to answer but not before it was 2-0. Great game!

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Football players can play with a cast - what about a 4th line winger in the NHL? :sarcasm:

Very nice debut last night.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
That certainly sucks for Fehr. Waited patiently for his chance to get in and was effective on the fourth line and PK. Hopefully for him it isn't as bad as it sounds.

Luckily we do have good players ready to step in and Sosh is probably not long term banged up, but it is unfortunate. Good for Leivo, too bad for Fehr who made an impact last night.

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
Losing any veteran presence is tough. An extra centre as well. Leafs have had extraordinary luck with regards to injuries this year. Let's hope that we stay healthy. He brings calm and experience, and as we head towards the playoffs, that's important. He played well last night.

Major19

Mar 9, 2008
Man you'd think we lost JVR for the year again or something in this thread. This is who Eric Fehr is; an injury-prone 4th liner (kind of a weak one at that). He had a sub-par game which is higher than his standards, suggesting it wasn't likely to last. Subbing in Leivo for Fehr made our team better today but you can barely tell in this thread lol

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Man you'd think we lost JVR for the year again or something in this thread. This is who Eric Fehr is; an injury-prone 4th liner (kind of a weak one at that). He had a sub-par game which is higher than his standards, suggesting it wasn't likely to last. Subbing in Leivo for Fehr made our team better today but you can barely tell in this thread lol

:laugh: nice parody.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Well thats unfortunate. He was solid yesterday and was pretty good. Prefer him over Leivo but oh well. Hopefully Leivo realizes now you cant show up to compete for 4 games and than take 4 games off. Leivo should take the opportunity and run with it whenever he plays again.

Not that I want to make this a Leivo thread but did you even watch him play?

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
He played fine 5on5 and well on the PK, and got away with a couple borderline hits. Basically what Soshnikov brings but with less speed and more size. It is always nice to have veteran depth so it is a shame, but I guess this means Gauthier is coming back up if he hits IR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad