Cut/Released: Eric Ebron

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I could see the Chiefs looking at him. They are not very fond of Harris and have been wanting ti implement a 2 TE system. Ebron would be a mediocre starting TE but a very strong second TE.

Personally I'd rather the Chiefs put the rest of their focus on defence.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
wasn't dickson used a lot as a blocker? ebron is terrible at that.

Yeah, but they usually keep three TEs on the roster, one of which is usually an exclusive blocking TE. I don't think that'd rule out Ebron.

It seems like they like Luke Wilson more, though. Not sure about his blocking ability.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Yeah, but they usually keep three TEs on the roster, one of which is usually an exclusive blocking TE. I don't think that'd rule out Ebron.

It seems like they like Luke Wilson more, though. Not sure about his blocking ability.

willson is a good athlete but he's decent/medicore in every other way. not a liability as a blocker but certainly not ideal blocking TE either.

but at least he wouldn't be expensive.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
willson is a good athlete but he's decent/medicore in every other way. not a liability as a blocker but certainly not ideal blocking TE either.

but at least he wouldn't be expensive.

That's probably the main concern. I think they have about 7.5M left to spend in free agency and still need a few things like a backup QB.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Ebron is just another one of those guys where teams will bite on the potential. Only to be disappointed at some point.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Because Ebron isn't as bad as people think. He sucks at blocking but if your team needs an athletic flex TE..you could do worse. I think he'd do well in Carolina.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Can someone explain what happened?

I don't think anything happened Ebron has always been the same throughout his career and big WR that is listed as TE that drops ridiculously easy catches far too often to be a top TE but has the athletic skills to beat mismatches.

He played in a pass heavy offense and as I said has the athletic ability to get open. The problem isn't the lack of catches it is the unreliability of him dropping passes at bad times and his complete in ability at catching the ball.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Signed with the Colts. He and Doyle could compliment each other well and, as I understand it, Frank Reich likes 2-TE sets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad