Recalled/Assigned: Eric Comrie recalled

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I actually think Comrie will be better than Helle in the future, I think he just has a more NHL style of game, he's quick, he's athletic, he's just as positionally sound, his glove hand is better, he has stolen many games for the Moose this season, his numbers are average tho but... For the amount of high quality chances he faces, he's pretty solid. I truly believe he will be our Goalie of the future, I like Helle and i believe in Helle but the second Comrie was drafted i thought this is our guy in the future.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I actually think Comrie will be better than Helle in the future, I think he just has a more NHL style of game, he's quick, he's athletic, he's just as positionally sound, his glove hand is better, he has stolen many games for the Moose this season, his numbers are average tho but... For the amount of high quality chances he faces, he's pretty solid. I truly believe he will be our Goalie of the future, I like Helle and i believe in Helle but the second Comrie was drafted i thought this is our guy in the future.

Yet his numbers are worse everywhere. I don't think Comrie will be an NHL starter.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Sometimes numbers mean very little, That's the problem here with HFBoards at times, you guys look to much at numbers and think thats all that matters. It doesn't tho. Numbers are just that, Numbers. Numbers say Hutch is 5-1 in his last 6 games, Numbers say lots of things, Number say Helle is a below average NHL goalie...

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Would they not announce the recal as "emergency basis" then?

I wonder if he will be on the ice at practice today?

does it really matter?
not sure who else they'd want to call up. there's a glut of forwards and, frankly, no one on the Moose deserves NHL time at the expense of the Jets' current roster.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I actually think De Leo deserves a legit shot but he won't get one with Maurice as coach, guy brings it every game, small but feisty, actually think he'd be a pretty great 4th line option

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I actually think De Leo deserves a legit shot but he won't get one with Maurice as coach, guy brings it every game, small but feisty, actually think he'd be a pretty great 4th line option

Who was coaching last year when De Leo got his recall?

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Sometimes numbers mean very little, That's the problem here with HFBoards at times, you guys look to much at numbers and think thats all that matters. It doesn't tho. Numbers are just that, Numbers. Numbers say Hutch is 5-1 in his last 6 games, Numbers say lots of things, Number say Helle is a below average NHL goalie...

[mod]

Yeah, not even close. Helle had better number on THE EXACT SAME TEAM. Attempting to insult someone doesn't change reality. I'd take a gander at how many goalies with poor numbers over a significant amount of games in the minors have been far superior in the NHL.

Somehow stopping a high percentage of shots is a BS stat that only guys like you know how to see past? :help:

Last edited by a moderator:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Jets flashing their tank credentials. Just in: Scheifs, Laine, Ehlers, Wheeler, Trouba, JMo, Buff and the entire 3rd line down with laryngitis.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have to admit I am stunned Comrie is starting. I have no problem with it I just didn't see it coming. Ok I just finished listening to that interview and how can't you be happy for the kid after that.

Last edited:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
What is going on here? Just another feel good thing? Are they really thinking of going with Helly and Comrie next year? This is weird.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
What is going on here? Just another feel good thing? Are they really thinking of going with Helly and Comrie next year? This is weird.

He is getting rewarded for two years of being the consummate pro that does everything right. I highly doubt he is part of the NHL plans next season.

Tootsmagoo

Apr 9, 2014
Winnipeg
He is getting rewarded for two years of being the consummate pro that does everything right. I highly doubt he is part of the NHL plans next season.

Comrie is an absolute class act. Global did a story on him on how he goes to the local schools all the time. Super nice guy.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

This is also my first thought on this issue. Perhaps they feel that the opportunity to actually start an NHL game won't present itself next year.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I am very anxious to see him play as I have always stated that he was the best goalie in the stable. Lateral movement is supposed to be unbelievable. They should have gave him 4 or so games before they called Pavs up if you ask me but great to see him up.

Tootsmagoo

Apr 9, 2014
Winnipeg
I am very anxious to see him play as I have always stated that he was the best goalie in the stable. Lateral movement is supposed to be unbelievable. They should have gave him 4 or so games before they called Pavs up if you ask me but great to see him up.

I'll be sad if he gets lit up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad