Recalled/Assigned: Eric Comrie recalled from Moose (Nov 27, 2017)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
His last 6 games:

He's also a .921 on the year. He seems to be on a nice hot streak atm.

We even have depth in goal this year. Almost like Chevy checked off every box in the offseason

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Ugh, Crazy Eyes Comrie. I guess he’ll have to get in some games. Can’t keep running Hellebuyck like this before the playoffs.

Crazy how frail our back-up tenders are this year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Comrie has made a decent chunk of change this year with all the call up. Perhaps he gets in another game.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Comrie has made a decent chunk of change this year with all the call up. Perhaps he gets in another game.

Why not play him tomorrow? Helle didn't exactly get his planned rest on the trip?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Why not indeed. Helle needs a rest and I am sure Comrie will want another chance to show better than his first game this season.

He's been playing recently. His first callup they made him wiat for ten days before putting him in. Use him before he gets game rusty.

Reactions: Channelcat

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Why not play him tomorrow? Helle didn't exactly get his planned rest on the trip?
I hope they don't play him. IMO tomorrow is an important game to win. Get back on the W side of things before any doubt settles in. I'd hate to lose this one because of a couple leaky goals. Again IMO you play it out until you have clinched and then you start resting key players.

Reactions: GNP and Eyeseeing

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I hope they don't play him. IMO tomorrow is an important game to win. Get back on the W side of things before any doubt settles in. I'd hate to lose this one because of a couple leaky goals. Again IMO you play it out until you have clinched and then you start resting key players.
Comrie scares me greatly
Might as well run with Helle
Hope Mason is ready soon

Reactions: GNP

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

The plan was to give Helle some rest over the last 15 games. It depends on how much confidence they have in Comrie. I hope it's more than you seem to have.

My point was not to wait ten days to put him in the lineup. This one or the next one.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The plan was to give Helle some rest over the last 15 games. It depends on how much confidence they have in Comrie. I hope it's more than you seem to have.
Can't say I have much confidence at all. I thought he looked a long way off in his previous start. Not opposed to giving him a game or 2 but I'd much prefer we put a couple more games in the bank first.

Reactions: Tommigun and GNP

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Can't say I have much confidence at all. I thought he looked a long way off in his previous start. Not opposed to giving him a game or 2 but I'd much prefer we put a couple more games in the bank first.

Then you risk him getting rusty again like the last time.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Then you risk him getting rusty again like the last time.
I'll take that risk, with Mason 2-3 weeks away. A 3 game win streak through Chicago, Dallas and the Kings salts away a playoff spot. Then depending on the separation you have to hold onto 2nd you start dividing games from there.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'll take that risk, with Mason 2-3 weeks away. A 3 game win streak through Chicago, Dallas and the Kings salts away a playoff spot. Then depending on the separation you have to hold onto 2nd you start dividing games from there.

Well then you aren't resting Helle like the plan. If you are going to use Comrie at all then put him in with a chance to succeed. I think LA come in on a B2B as well.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Well then you aren't resting Helle like the plan. If you are going to use Comrie at all then put him in with a chance to succeed. I think LA come in on a B2B as well.
Well you are resting Helly as you get closer to the playoffs. Last night he looked pretty focused with an off day today and then 2 days before Dallas. And I can't say I care much about the opportunity Comrie has to succeed. We are moving into contender mode, and long past sacrificing success for development. Comrie is keeping the seat warm for when Mason returns.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Well you are resting Helly as you get closer to the playoffs. Last night he looked pretty focused with an off day today and then 2 days before Dallas. And I can't say I care much about the opportunity Comrie has to succeed. We are moving into contender mode, and long past sacrificing success for development. Comrie is keeping the seat warm for when Mason returns.
I agree , makes me nervous
BUT this whole season has had some nice surprises including Helle’s play
I never envisioned he be THIS good
Maybe Comrie too when the rubber hits the road?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

I'm not convinced of the "resting of the Goalie" routine. I know guys that jog "10 miles" everyday, and I know guys that work out hard with weights "everyday". They exert a lot more energy than a goaltender.

I do think 1 or 2 days rest is very adequate for a Goalie, and if he's mentally burn't out, then I'd give him a rest for 4-5 days-- "but now is not the time." Helly looked very sharp against the Preds, and should start IMO. We cannot afford to start slipping backwards.

I'm with Bogo here- you don't sacrifice success for young goaltender developement. We're very close now--so let's clench the spot.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
People are letting a whopping one game cloud their judgment on Comrie. He looked nervous, it might be nice to allow him the chance at some redemption. He's a competitive kid who will likely show much better in his next start.

Nobody has issues putting our other kids back in after shaky games, Comrie should be no exception

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

I'm totally with you here Bog0--time for the Jet's to push hard, and right the ship, and get some points in the win column. We can't start getting into the --it's OK to lose frame of mind right now. We've been slipping, and we need to clench a playoff position.

We're also playing very "shorthanded" on regular players, so Helle needs to start in order for us to have a chance of winning.--great post !!!

Reactions: Tommigun

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I think at this point resting Helle should be a priority. At least every 3 or 4 games. I really doubt the Wild can catch the Jets, in the last 10 games the Jets have the better record (just by 1 point), and the Jets are up 7 points with 12 games left. Having a rested and healthy Helle for the playoffs could be important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad