Recalled/Assigned: Eric Comrie recalled from Moose (Nov 27, 2017)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Very interesting. Was expecting them to recall Hutch.

Go Comrie!

Yup, me too. But Comrie has earned the chance - and the payday. After a rough start he has been great. He probably won'the play much, if at all but it is a bit of a reward for him.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Huh. Wasn't expecting this. Guess they didn't want to risk losing Hutch to waivers if it was a longer-term injury for Mason.

Now that is just mean lol. But to be fair he's had multiple chances already.

And has summarily turned them all down. He doesn't want to talk about being in the minors. That's fair, but also a reminder that Pavelec gave an interview after being sent down to the AHL.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I'm sure Hutch knows he is being traded which is why he wont be called up. Nothing he can do but to show his best in AHL and wait.

Why do we think he's being traded? Supposedly the Jets received calls for him at the start of the season (maybe when Vegas was looking for warm bodies?). Jets still need two goalies with the Moose.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Let's hope that Hellebuyck's early season heavy workload doesn't backfire, it's certainly not gonna decrease now.

(I can't see any team trading for Hutchinson)

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Why do we think he's being traded? Supposedly the Jets received calls for him at the start of the season (maybe when Vegas was looking for warm bodies?). Jets still need two goalies with the Moose.
Phillips and comrie will do fine for Moose. Would be bad managing to skip on getting good future assets for a guy who is basically back-up AHL goalie and will be UFA next summer

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Phillips and comrie will do fine for Moose. Would be bad managing to skip on getting good future assets for a guy who is basically back-up AHL goalie

Pretty sure there are no good future assets to be had for a guy who is basically back-up AHL goalie

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

I think he'll be traded eventually. Probably closer to the TD

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Pretty sure there are no good future assets to be had for a guy who is basically back-up AHL goalie
He has passed the waivers, and has good AHL numbers. Looking at Pickard trade, 5th/6th round pick seems reasonable. That can be turned into another Appleton or better so I consider it a good future asset for the team

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
So there's a theory that many espouse on this forum that the Jets org is "cheap" and won't spend money. Yet this recall costs more than recalling Hutch since he's on a one way deal. The team is now paying full NHL salaries on four goaltenders. Just sayin'
comries dad prob gave jets owners free brick giftcards to offset the cost. not like comrie needs to money :D

rip hutch confidence

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Phillips and comrie will do fine for Moose. Would be bad managing to skip on getting good future assets for a guy who is basically back-up AHL goalie and will be UFA next summer

I'm pretty sure they'd prefer Phillips to be getting the majority of starts in the ECHL at this point in his development.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I'm pretty sure they'd prefer Phillips to be getting the majority of starts in the ECHL at this point in his development.
He'll turn 25 this season, and he is still in ECHL. At this point he is the 4th or just maybe 3rd best goalie prospect Jets have. As he is a very long shot to ever make the NHL or get a new contract, I doubt they're very concerned about his game time in AHL

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
He'll turn 25 this season, and he is still in ECHL. At this point he is the 4th or just maybe 3rd best goalie prospect Jets have. As he is a very long shot to ever make the NHL or get a new contract, I doubt they're very concerned about his game time in AHL

If you're talking prospects, how is he anything other than #2 (behind Comrie)? I mean sure there's Berdin, but he's only 19 and likely several years away from the national league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad