Injury Report: Eric Belanger on IR, Paajarvi Recalled

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
and that doesn't make a huge difference?

Well if it was a "hugely" higher compete level it would make a difference, but IMO it's only a little higher than last year.

I thought he was terrible terrible terrible offensively last year, but fine on faceoffs and defensively. This year is pretty much the same, but it looks like he's happy to be there.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I thought that with the Oilers, it goes like this...

Hangnail turns into scrape turns into open sore turns into staff infection turns into gangrene turns into amputation of toe turns into amputation of foot turns into amputation of entire lower body - out indefinitely?

That's only in Souray situations.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Would anyone else rather see Vandevelde up instead of Lander? I dont like throwing him in 4th line role, doesnt fit.

At this point I think he fits perfectly in a temporary 4th line C role. He's good at the PK, solid defensively and isn't required to produce offensively. That describes Lander at this point in his career, imo.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Before last season I thought it was curtains for both VV and O'Marra within the Oilers org... turned out to be true for O'marra but VV is hanging around a little longer. He's AHL calibre and should only get a call-up in multiple injury situations (which of course on the Oilers can and does happen).

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I thought Lander has played well since his call up. Him and one of Horcoff / Bellanger is adequate for 3rd and 4th line centre. The crunch will come when all are healthy and Lander has to be sent down.

At the trade deadline, the buyers are going to far outnumber the sellers as just about every team will be in the hunt for a playoff spot. Even if we are in the mix, would it be the end of the world if we permanently promoted Lander and traded one of Belanger or Horcoff? The market for either guy is going to be reasonable.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I thought Lander has played well since his call up. Him and one of Horcoff / Bellanger is adequate for 3rd and 4th line centre. The crunch will come when all are healthy and Lander has to be sent down.

At the trade deadline, the buyers are going to far outnumber the sellers as just about every team will be in the hunt for a playoff spot. Even if we are in the mix, would it be the end of the world if we permanently promoted Lander and traded one of Belanger or Horcoff? The market for either guy is going to be reasonable.

I don't see there ever being a market for Horcoff. I also don't see us getting much more than a 2nd for Belanger, which is fine if you are dealing him. Problem is if we are in the hunt I don't really want to move Belanger for the sake of moving him, especially if Lander can't win a draw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad