Great Britain: EPIHL and NIHL discussion thread

kungfumonk

Mar 9, 2013
First time post long time reader.

Popping in to see how everyones summer and teams are shaping up?

Billingham Stars follower myself and overall follower of the NIHL north.

Slow summer for us so far with our coach heading back up the road to Whitley and still awaiting any players to signing.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
First time post long time reader.

Popping in to see how everyones summer and teams are shaping up?

Billingham Stars follower myself and overall follower of the NIHL north.

Slow summer for us so far with our coach heading back up the road to Whitley and still awaiting any players to signing.

I think you're the only NIHL North guy we have round here, as a southerner I've never seen an NIHL north game, I was down to line a game in Telford one time before I got moved somewhere else.

I wish they would bring back the final between the North and South winners

kungfumonk

Mar 9, 2013
Yeah the old north south game was good. We played Invicta years ago. They had too much for us but still a great trip out.

The league is getting stronger each year. Massive difference since billingham has been back in the league compared to before we were without ice for a few years. Value for money is great!

Always plenty of fun involved when Telford are playing

kungfumonk

Mar 9, 2013
As a billingham guy I'm against it as it dilutes our league further. Although we would have the stronger league playing the same teams more would get boring.

If they did it so we played one game against each midland team that would be better but I can fully understand the midlands teams stance. Nottingham rejecting promotion is annoying but I can see why they did it.

kungfumonk

Mar 9, 2013
Stars team starting to shape up now.

James Flavell back in the pipes and we have signed Andy Munroe from Bracknell in the EPL.

kungfumonk

Mar 9, 2013
Munroe will be your player of the season.

Yeah the things I've read so far are very promising. We needed another body on d with losing one to Whitley. Sounds a very good player who doesn't miss a beat.

Few more left to sign but starting to look good now.

With Michael Bowman and Ste Wallace back we will certainly score goals.

villevalo

Feb 29, 2012
UK
Yeah the things I've read so far are very promising. We needed another body on d with losing one to Whitley. Sounds a very good player who doesn't miss a beat.

Few more left to sign but starting to look good now.

With Michael Bowman and Ste Wallace back we will certainly score goals.

I honestly can't recall him having a bad game, he won't get many points, nor will he feature on any all-star sides but he'll be a rock at the back, one of those players you can set your watch to.

Might want to change the team name with all these ex-Bees players in the squad.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Where do Romford Raiders play/what league?

I remember reading something about their arena closing down but didn't hear anything after.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Oh right. I looked at their website but it wasn't updated with their fixtures so though they might've stopped.

villevalo

Feb 29, 2012
UK
The EIHA really need to step up, to consider his past actions and give him a long term ban or best kick him out of the league.

One day Sharp will seriously injure someone.

croAVSfan*

Croatian young netminder, Andrej Vasiljevic, signed with Slough Jets and in his two first games he posted over 94% save percentage. Slough lost and won a game with him in the net, and in both games he faced near 50 shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad