WWE: Enzo Amore Released

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
from what ive seen, I doubt this story is true, but if Enzo knew about it and let WWE get blindsided, thats cause for release anyway imo

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
IF Enzo is innocent, how could he have told WWE about the accusations before they were even made? That part doesn't make sense to me. He would have had to randomly approached management and been like "I MIGHT get accused of rape, but i'm not sure. I didn't do it though if I happen to be accused".

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
IF Enzo is innocent, how could he have told WWE about the accusations before they were even made? That part doesn't make sense to me. He would have had to randomly approached management and been like "I MIGHT get accused of rape, but i'm not sure. I didn't do it though if I happen to be accused".
There has been a police investigation that he has been aware of since October.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
There has been a police investigation that he has been aware of since October.

I wasn't aware it's been ongoing, I thought she just came out with the story in the past few days. My bad.

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I wasn't aware it's been ongoing, I thought she just came out with the story in the past few days. My bad.
Yeah, the story only broke these past few days but she had gone to the police when it allegedly happened. This was the first anything had been made public so the timeline is a bit messy on first glance.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Seems that Enzo was fired largely for not telling WWE what was going on. That makes sense given that Swann received a lesser punishment even though his guilt seems much less in question. In any event the accuser's case seems sketchy given those texts but who knows what further evidence there is. Given the nature of sexual assault cases it is hard to imagine that Enzo will be convicted if it is just an accusation and proof that sex took place, particularly with those texts. I'm not going to say that Enzo seems like a rapist, but he certainly does come off like a guy who would put himself in murky situations.

It's also not surprising that the online dregs on both sides have emerged in the Enzo case. People with their pitchforks out because they blindly believe any accusation, but also people demanding that WWE apologize to Enzo and rehire him immediately despite not know nearly enough details about this situation. I don't blame WWE for wanting to wash its hands of the whole thing.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
More on Enzo is that him not disclosing the investigation to WWE was the "final straw." WWE was blindsided by media inquiries regarding the rape allegations against Enzo on such a big media day for them with Raw 25 locked in that the source said the only other time it would have been worse for WWE to be blindsided by it was during Wrestlemania weekend, especially with Enzo knowing he was being investigated since October.

When officials approached him and confronted him about it, he denied it and was immediately suspended and removed from Barclays. It was a bad look for the company, still targeted to a PG audience, on such a big day for them in the media to have one of their talents accused of rape and them get blindsided by it after having built the 205 brand around Enzo for the last few months.

The decision to fire him came because him not disclosing the investigation to begin with was the "final straw" in a string of incidents over the last little while that has made the company very unhappy with Enzo, which have included: mocking Big Cass's legitimate injury on social media when he wasn't instructed to, being kicked off the tour bus after being told to quiet down when talent were trying to sleep and he wouldn't and eventually kicked out of the locker room. He had been one of the least liked members of the locker room and has been forced to change and travel on his own.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
And the second Enzo shows up on Impact and the crowd is repeating his catch phrases, the E will resign him and ship him to NxT.

This has more to do with timing then anything. RAW 25 and the announcement of the XFL relaunch where Vince clearly states no criminal records had more to do with Enzo getting cut then suspicious allegations.

Enzo sells merch. He's not going to be gone for long.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Enzo will probably be back. This girl has wrecked any credibility she had. She was sketchy beforehand, but that shouldn't matter. But then the text messages came out, her agreeing to drugs came out, her lying about her mental hospital stay for more sympathy.... She's wrecked any case she had. It really seems like the whole "Don't disappoint daddy" angle may be true.

Enzo was wrong to keep it from WWE and most people understand that. But when you're accused of something that you know you didn't do... and so many people are being fired from their jobs during the #metoo movement, before being proven guilty.... I understand it. And I'm guessing public outcry will get him his job back.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Let's try something like "Vince, I just want to let you know that I'm under investigation in Arizona for sexual assault. I promise you I'm completely innocent, but you know the police have to investigate this to clear my name. As soon as I hear anything more from them, you and Talent Relations will be the first to know."
That gets you fired these days anyway because the #metoo movement is so large.

Reactions: Prairie Oyster

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Benoit was always there. They just had that disclaimer warning at the beginning of any show that included him. They just didn't have the feature to search for him or his time stamp on shows like they did with everyone else featured.

besser

Dec 27, 2017
Vancouver
Given "the climate", it's probably the right thing to do but it would look bad for the company to hit eject on every guy that gets brought up in an investigation.

Granted, you look at him...he looks like a creep.

Lol, you just lost all credibility when you said 'he looks like a creep', so that means he must be guilty because of his crazy hair?

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Benoit was always there. They just had that disclaimer warning at the beginning of any show that included him. They just didn't have the feature to search for him or his time stamp on shows like they did with everyone else featured.
I love the timestamp for Benoit matches. I was watching Wrestlemania X-7 and the timestamp just said something like Kurt Angle in singles action or something generic like that. I get that they don't want to celebrate his career, but they should still have him searchable on the Network.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad