Entry Draft Lottery results a big secret

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
the NHL should at least do the first 5 picks live, beyond that they can go to a room. If the rangers or kings do get the pick it is really fishy(because that would be the perfect scenerio for the nhl).

Beyong that any canadian team(including toronto) or small market US team getting #1 would not be fishy because that would be worse case scenerio for the NHL. Let it be noted i hae the leafs.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
NYRangers said:
Sweet, so the Rangers would have the 1st and 31st picks. Where are the Flyers picking?
:)

If rangers pick 1st in the first round, they pick last in the second round (60), 1st in the third round (61), last in the fourth round (120), etc

each round will get flipped

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
bcrt2000 said:
If rangers pick 1st in the first round, they pick last in the second round (60), 1st in the third round (61), last in the fourth round (120), etc

each round will get flipped
NYR have Leafs 2nd rounder in the Leetch trade .. So he is implying if the Leafs pick 30 then the NYR pick 31 due to the trade not their own pick ..

Crows*

MOjo radio did a mock lottery today. Vancouver won it. I think they just jinxed Vancouver. NOW THEY can't win. :cry:

Chilly Willy*

blamebettman said:
nice to see they're starting off on the wrong foot again. This event must be broadcast LIVE.

if the fix is in, then ok fine. But Buttmunch better not come out and announce Crosby is a Predator or Panther, might as well fold the entire league then.

WTF is this BS about this dweeb Crosby, he isn't the f'n holy grail, this kid could either be a star or a dud, i'm hoping he's a dud cuz honestly i'm tired of his "hype" and big deal about him.

They should hold the lottery live, they owe that to the fans.

Chilly Willy*

boredmale said:
the NHL should at least do the first 5 picks live, beyond that they can go to a room. If the rangers or kings do get the pick it is really fishy(because that would be the perfect scenerio for the nhl).

Beyong that any canadian team(including toronto) or small market US team getting #1 would not be fishy because that would be worse case scenerio for the NHL. Let it be noted i hate the leafs.

Same here.

Well it might be a small market US team getting the #1 pick, they have the better odds, like Buffalo and Pittsburgh for example, if one of those teams got the 1st pick would there be an uproar?

I'd hope not, they have "3 balls" and have a good chance of landing the 1st pick or the 2nd pick, right now i don't give a damn about the draft, the UFA market is HUGE this year and that will be far more exciting than drafting some punk kid that everyone thinks is the next Fake One.

MacDaddy TLC*

Do you think representatives from 29 teams are going to say, "Let's give Crosby to GM A" He's a great guy!" Give your ****ing heads a shake!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Crows said:
MOjo radio did a mock lottery today. Vancouver won it. I think they just jinxed Vancouver. NOW THEY can't win. :cry:

everyone has done a draft lottery and every team has won it at least once

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
I'm just as mad as you guys at the NHL for this. They're missing a golden opportunity.

If it were up to me, I'd air it live from the end zone in Giants Stadium, with a loop of the Zapruder film and McCarthy hearings playing behind the podium, Gary Bettman could repel from a black helicopter to draw the first ping pong ball, after which Sidney Crosby can fly down in an UFO, and then the next week of course hold the draft at the Denver International Airport. Either go all the way or don't go at all.

littleD

Who wants to see little ping pong balls come out of a tumbler on live TV? Are you guys THAT bored?

The excitement would be over in three seconds, when the first ping pong ball comes out.

The actual "lottery" was never going to be on TV - EVER! The results yes, not the drawing of little coloured plastic balls.

transplant99

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The lottery system has NEVER been done/shown in public. Ever.

Was the fix in on all the other years as well?

Conspiracy theorists crack me up. :biglaugh:

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
Exactly.
Sure it would be exciting to have the draft live, but do you really think they could rig it? Their will be at least 40-50 people in that room eyeballing Bettman.

And IF NY gets it, considering they have a 1 in 16 chance to get it, I would be fine with it if it will improve the exposure south of the border. Let's think what is best for hockey in general.

And Crosby, one guy will never carry a team to a championship. The era of Lemieux's and Gretzky's are over. Its really about overall team play.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
steblick said:
There WILL be 30 teams' representatives behind these closed doors too you know- all of whom would love to get Crosby. It's not just Bettman and a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Exactly. So are the other 29 teams going to just let the Rangers win the lottery? Come on guys, it's not going to be fixed. I know there will be plenty of crying babies if Toronto or New York wins the lottery but they will have won fairly.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Poochie_D said:
if toronto gets that top pick, i cease being a hockey fan. if they get it, then its fixed.

haha thats funny..... Toronto isn't getting the pick.. and why would they fix it so Toronto gets the pick?

They would fix it so it goes to a bottom team like NYR or Montreal :P :sarcasm:

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Canadian_Brewtality said:
Exactly.
Sure it would be exciting to have the draft live, but do you really think they could rig it? Their will be at least 40-50 people in that room eyeballing Bettman.

And IF NY gets it, considering they have a 1 in 16 chance to get it, I would be fine with it if it will improve the exposure south of the border. Let's think what is best for hockey in general.

And Crosby, one guy will never carry a team to a championship. The era of Lemieux's and Gretzky's are over. Its really about overall team play.

Greztky said he doesn't like this system and Crosby shold go to one of the bottom5 teams excluding his Coyotes........ :teach:

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
coppernblue said:
why is the NHL content on screwing things up on a regular basis?
the nba televises their lottery...
even if you were gonna fix the lottery just mkae all the balls rangers ones
sometimes the nhl just does stuff out of sheer stupidity

If all the balls were Ranger ones, the Rangers would get all 30 picks.

:shakehead

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
littleD said:
Who wants to see little ping pong balls come out of a tumbler on live TV? Are you guys THAT bored?

The excitement would be over in three seconds, when the first ping pong ball comes out.

The actual "lottery" was never going to be on TV - EVER! The results yes, not the drawing of little coloured plastic balls.
If there was a 1 in 30 chance for everyone and the 30th pick was drawn first, I guarantee all true fans would find that exciting especially if their team was in the last 5 or 6 balls left.

Cup draws in football are decided by drawing balls and fans everywhere stop work to listen or watch to see who their team is getting.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
ChillyWilly said:
WTF is this BS about this dweeb Crosby, he isn't the f'n holy grail, this kid could either be a star or a dud, i'm hoping he's a dud cuz honestly i'm tired of his "hype" and big deal about him.

WTF is this BS about this dweeb ChillyWilly, he isn't the f'n holy grail, this kid could either be a star or a dud, i'm hoping he's a dud cuz honestly i'm tired of his "type" and big deal about him.

Sincerely,
Sidney Crosby

chiavsfan

Montrealer said:
WTF is this BS about this dweeb ChillyWilly, he isn't the f'n holy grail, this kid could either be a star or a dud, i'm hoping he's a dud cuz honestly i'm tired of his "type" and big deal about him.

Sincerely,
Sidney Crosby

Sorry, I agree with Chilly here...this kid hasn't played 1 nanosecond in the NHL. He could break his leg, get a concussion, break his wrist, hurt a knee....or just plain suck. Before everyone goes crazy on him, lets see him spend a month or two with the big boys

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
chiavsfan said:
Sorry, I agree with Chilly here...this kid hasn't played 1 nanosecond in the NHL. He could break his leg, get a concussion, break his wrist, hurt a knee....or just plain suck. Before everyone goes crazy on him, lets see him spend a month or two with the big boys

:rolleyes:

Give me a break. That could happen to ANY prospect, so does that mean we shouldn't talk about them at all? I'm not the biggest Crosby pusher but statements like yours and ChillyWilly's hold no merit. Every sport has a prospect or two that stand out so of course they are going to be talked about ad nauseum. If Crosby wasn't such a big deal then why does every team/fan seem to want the first overall pick...

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Just to point out, they can't do the balls live on TV.
Why you ask? Because once the first team is determined, they need to remove the remaining balls of that said club..... down the line after each pick.
The NBA envelop is the way to do it, if there is TV coverage.
Randy

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dr Love said:
I'm just as mad as you guys at the NHL for this. They're missing a golden opportunity.

If it were up to me, I'd air it live from the end zone in Giants Stadium, with a loop of the Zapruder film and McCarthy hearings playing behind the podium, Gary Bettman could repel from a black helicopter to draw the first ping pong ball, after which Sidney Crosby can fly down in an UFO, and then the next week of course hold the draft at the Denver International Airport. Either go all the way or don't go at all.

:biglaugh:

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
ranold26 said:
Just to point out, they can't do the balls live on TV.
Why you ask? Because once the first team is determined, they need to remove the remaining balls of that said club..... down the line after each pick.
The NBA envelop is the way to do it, if there is TV coverage.
Randy

Couldn't they just ignore the remaining balls of that team instead of stopping everything and reaching into the machine to remove balls after each pick (of a team with balls remaining)?

Or is that too easy a solution?

I said balls way too often in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad