Enstrom finding his game!!

Zekeland

Mar 24, 2015
Toby got rolled over the last time we made the playoffs. Couple years later he is a fraction of that player he once was. I have little faith in 39 surviving the playoffs, unless very sheltered minutes.

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg
Toby got rolled over the last time we made the playoffs. Couple years later he is a fraction of that player he once was. I have little faith in 39 surviving the playoffs, unless very sheltered minutes.

He's a whole lot healthier now. Since his injury was the main issue last time, why assume that? Besides, he is already farther down the depth chart and it's not like he's spent his whole career (or this season, for that matter) getting 'rolled over'.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I have been saying for years we need to get rid of Enstrom but I need to give credit where credit is due.His game in the last month has really picked up he is a lot more engaged and looks at lot more like the player that arrived in Winnipeg in 2011.This is great news for the d core with him playing like this and Trouba coming back that is a pretty solid group.I still think acquiring another d for the playoffs should be done pushing Chariot down a spot.Good work Toby now try not to get hurt!!

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I always stick up for Toby when other fans are critical of him by telling them that there is no other Jet I'd rather have getting the puck out of our own end when we're under a heavy forecheck. I haven't had to stick up for him much the past month or so...

Reactions: Ducky10

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yup he is so smart with the puck and is excellent at reading the play when retrieving the puck to quickly identify what he should do with it. If Myers was better at this I think people would be in love with him here.

Please, stay healthy Toby!

Reactions: Ducky10

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Can't wait till he signs on for one more year on the cheap. Team and him like each other and I think he sticks around for a cup and does it for just over a million.

Reactions: jefferoni

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ya i've been harsh on Enstrom in the past and Charoit but both are playing very good right now . I don't know if Enstrom would make it through a long playoff run physically but he is getting less minutes now compared to the last time we made the playoffs .

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Toby definitely deserves some recognition. His passes have been on point lately, he's been physical (!) and always makes the the right reads when transitioning from the defensive zone to the offensive zone.

Reactions: GNP and Ducky10

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Enstrom looks fresher than he has in years, his reduced role is suiting the team perfectly. His skating has been tremendous lately and he's starting to get more involved in the offensive zone. So many good things about his play, he's been one of the top 1 or 2 D-men in the last few games the Jets have played.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I didn't know he had misplaced it
I think it's fair to say his game had dropped a touch over the last little while and that his recent play is closer to what we've become accustom to over the years.

I've always been a Toby booster, but I think his game lately has been a notch higher, without it being a slight on his previous play. I think it's mostly to do with his minutes.

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In fairness though, that 4 game sample size in playoff hockey is the ONLY sample size so realistically theres more reason to doubt his abilities in the playoffs than to think hes going to excel

It isn't in fairness unless you also point out that Toby was playing with only 1 arm. :laugh: Ignoring that injury and then reaching conclusions based on 4 games is ludicrous.

Reactions: bisonbutt

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
It isn't in fairness unless you also point out that Toby was playing with only 1 arm. :laugh: Ignoring that injury and then reaching conclusions based on 4 games is ludicrous.

That’s true. But if he was that injured to the point where he was being exploited ie relentless dump and chase to his corner everytime, making poor decisions in his zone, getting out muscled in front of the net, then he shouldn’t have been on the ice. That’s not his fault or decision, but it may be a moot point because hes regressed so much this year that he may have been a better play at that point with only one arm:sarcasm:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That’s true. But if he was that injured to the point where he was being exploited ie relentless dump and chase to his corner everytime, making poor decisions in his zone, getting out muscled in front of the net, then he shouldn’t have been on the ice. That’s not his fault or decision, but it may be a moot point because hes regressed so much this year that he may have been a better play at that point with only one arm:sarcasm:

I've been saying that for nearly 3 years.

I don't agree that he has regressed that much this year. With a little lighter workload and lesser responsibility he is playing pretty well.

I don't think I want him back next year even on a cheap contract. I think he has been regressing slowly for several years. At the rate he is going, I don't think he will be good enough to play regularly next year.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I've been saying that for nearly 3 years.

I don't agree that he has regressed that much this year. With a little lighter workload and lesser responsibility he is playing pretty well.

I don't think I want him back next year even on a cheap contract. I think he has been regressing slowly for several years. At the rate he is going, I don't think he will be good enough to play regularly next year.

Personally, I think Enstrom has been their best D not named Morrissey the last 2-3 games or so. He's been terrific to my eyes. He looks like he's engaging more offensively than he has in years and I've been really happy with his breakouts and passing in general. I'd have him back for sure, but obviously not for $5 Million.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Personally, I think Enstrom has been their best D not named Morrissey the last 2-3 games or so. He's been terrific to my eyes. He looks like he's engaging more offensively than he has in years and I've been really happy with his breakouts and passing in general. I'd have him back for sure, but obviously not for $5 Million.

If he was going to be as good next year as he is this year, then yes, I'd have him back. I'm assuming the regression will continue on the same trajectory or worse.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Enstrom was so exploited by the Ducks that he came out with team average results in almost every single metric that series....

DVskGbOVwAACeYm.jpg

Obviously 4 games is not predictive, but I don't like this weird revisionist idea that Enstrom was so bad in the POs.

The team was bad, exploited, and chased around the Ducks thinking the playoffs were all about being physical and mean instead of playing the way that made them a top 5 EV team in the league that year...
Enstrom was just a defender who played slightly above the team's average.

Also IIRC the real reason we were swept was primarily because of one player. An that one player is no longer a Winnipeg Jet

Pavelec

The team on average was not deserving of winning that series, but Pavelec was definitely the largest anchor.

DVspcFYVwAAllhv.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->