Enough about '05... lets get on with '06!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Chainshot said:
Seriously, shouldn't we begin debating the merits and flaws of the 2006 draft class? :D
I'm wondering just how deep it is. The flyers currently have 4 2nd round picks so I guess I should start researching the prospects who could go in this range (which at this time is probably about 200 guys).

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
The Hockey News ranks them like this:
1. Phil Kessel
2. Michael Frolik
3. Jordan Staal
4. Peter Mueller
5. Jonathan Toes
6. David Ruzicka
7. Jesse Joensuu
8. Bryan Little

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Hedberg16 said:
The Hockey News ranks them like this:
1. Phil Kessel
2. Michael Frolik
3. Jordan Staal
4. Peter Mueller
5. Jonathan Toes
6. David Ruzicka
7. Jesse Joensuu
8. Bryan Little

Joensuu at 7 and Staal at 3? What? Oh yes, I forgot, the bloodlines aspect of hockey. Worked well for Brett Lindros and Brent/Kieth Gretzky.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
BikeGiftingMan said:
Joensuu at 7 and Staal at 3? What? Oh yes, I forgot, the bloodlines aspect of hockey. Worked well for Brett Lindros and Brent/Kieth Gretzky.
The ranking was done by Dennis MacInnis, ISS

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
BleedBlue44 said:
Blues will probably have a shot at Kessel.. yeah I think we will suck this year :cry:
No way! Kessel is ours this year (not sure to put a smiley or a cry face in here)

turnbuckle*

BikeGiftingMan said:

Sigh....it's starting already. Please read Steblick's post, LOL.

Bloodlines worked well for Henri Richard,Dennis Hull, Tony Esposito, Ken Dryden, Pete Mahovlich, Dave Babych, Dennis Hextall, five Sutter brothers, the Bentleys, the Conachers, the Brotens, the Moores....what's your point? Also, if you're implying that Marc Staal will be a bust - we shall see won't we?

Early talk with scouts about the 2006 draft tells me that Kessel has separated himself from the competition, but things can change in a year, and always do. Toews and Frolik are very highly regarded, as are Vasyunov, Staal and Mueller. At this point Joensuu looks to be closer to the seventh ranking than the third, but it's way to early to argue one way or another. I like Sheppard as well.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
It's funny to read posts from people who know absolutely nothing about a player except for his name. Jordan Staal has God given size and has tremendous skills. If his name was Jordan Ventura he'd still be a very highly rated prospect. He could very well be a top 5 pick.

And on the same note, I remember watching Staal and Toews a few years ago playing in the Manitoba bantam AAA league. They were both unreal, but Toews was flashier back then and I think he still has a higher ceiling. I think he could be rated right after Kessel and Frolik 10 months from now.

KL*

BikeGiftingMan said:

The Sutters.
The Hatchers.
The Courtnalls.
The Bures.
The Kaberles.
The Richards.

There are many examples of bloodlines being valid.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
MikeJones said:
The Sutters.
The Hatchers.
The Courtnalls.
The Bures.
The Kaberles.
The Richards.

There are many examples of bloodlines being valid.

I wasn't saying that it never worked out, but for him to rise so much in a short amount of time, particularly during the summer when no games are being played, seems unusual. I did not mean to sound like I was criticizing Jordan Staal, I was simply surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad