Confirmed with Link: End of year press conferences: Adams to have one at 3pm on Tuesday after Granato firing

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
personally, I am just extremely excited to hear both Gronato and GMKA talk at length about much growth the young players showed by beating TB tonight, and how important it was

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Who is this Jimmy guy. I don't recognize the name. Is he legit? Or is this like Dreger saying "It's quite possible something could happen, but it might not"

Reactions: Jim Bob

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
i mean yeah in one way or another this is obviously going to be true. Whether coaching change or a trade or free agency or... It's just pretty obvious the sabres will be doing SOMETHING.
Typically yes. But this is the Sabres. Doing NOTHING is what’s expected

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Just setting aside how it'll obviously go...

Aside from them announcing firings, is there anything they could say at these pressers that would actually make you (the general you) feel good going forward?

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006

Aside from them announcing firings, is there anything they could say at these pressers that would actually make you (the general you) feel good going forward?

Even just admitting specific problems that we all see would be a good step. Instead we get euphemisms about development, potential, and internal growth. They phrase everything using weird indirect language (like coach speak), as if they are trying to not say anything that can be quoted later.

If Adams said something like "The power play took a big step back and that was a major reason we missed the playoffs this year. We are going to make major changes this offseason to ensure that doesn't happen again next year. We will evaluate players, coaches and strategy. Things will not look the same game 1 of this upcoming regular season." Then that would be a good step.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I found the leaked outline of Adams' end of season press conference

- Deny this season was a failure, highlight Peterka, UPL, Benson

- No concern with struggles/regression of players like Cozens, Thompson, Skinner, Tuch. Full confindence in them to return to form

- Act smug

- Push the narrative of being young, and throw in the injury excuse

- Get annoyed when the media presses you even a little bit about the season not being a success

- "full confidence in Donny"

- "We have a plan and we're going to stick to it"
I think you've nailed it.........

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It feels like the team is trying its best not to make it to the playoffs, even when they have every chance. Kevyn can never get it right or have it be enough. He just sits and doesn't do anything. Granato cannot set up a team for multiple games against teams that are tanking. This team is depressing.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Shit I know the exact question I would ask. I don’t know how I didn’t think of it earlier and I apologize if it’s already been used. It’s just such an obvious question. It exposes Adams either way he answers it. As an absolute joke bootlicking yes man or as a pathetic liar. And he will only answer it one way. He will have to answer it the first way and live with the knowledge that it’s the second way. But there won’t be a man woman or child in the world that won’t know what the true answer is.

“Kevyn…if Don didn’t have an extension in place…would you honestly be entering contract talks to retain him as your head coach?”

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Keeping Donny are we admitting a great lakes tunnel for child trafficking from Chicago hawks arena to buffalo to penn state either pegula run cuminating in sadusky happy valley arena. OR

He and Kim came our against ir and we got blackballed out of any postseason w nefarious puck tracking/manipulating ai and we screwed w pikachu diggs catching the wrong ball and leading league in 1st period iron and comical bad bounces.

Team never wins as all players are sold nightly to gay Washington senators until 27 w skinner head pimp w ellis. Buffalo CIA front for masonic trafficking since 2011 aa punishment for town's insolence

It's also pegulas task to test all memory wipe tech as well enhanced reality and ai betting out come manipulation tech installed in all arenas as nhl edge.

The smoking man is Josh's father Figured id help snopes , the number one cia / USA Today humor site to prove all of usa has become slaves in last reality show callled snake pliskin escape usa Westworld before may day dollar transfer

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Diaspora

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Fire Adams for creating money chaos in the country club by giving power 8.5 and having all long term contract guys suck asz because he Fd up by paying before they made the playoffs.
Million times 8 lottery team doing software

Reactions: Fjordy

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Standing up and saying that what they did was not good enough, owning their own amount of suck. For Adams: retaining all their assistants even when the evidence LAST YEAR was the PP was floundering, forcing the goalie situation despite heaps of evidence that it wouldn't work, not replacing Quinn, keeping empty calorie scoring in Vic, pulling in a vet who could barely play, retaining Okposo when the legs were gone, not sending certain players down to work on their games, the complete lack of physical accountability among everyone, that he took the easy path by just keeping people he knew would stay rather than actually trying to do better than Jost or Gus or Okposo or even Vic, and perhaps depending on what happens tomorrow, not being willing to reinforce Rochester with players who were already on the clear day roster just by putting them on waivers for assignment. For Granato: that retaining all of his assistants was a mistake, trying the same thing for over two years on the PP despite it not working, having repeatedly failed to have his team prepared to play, owning their poor passing, their continued poor cross-seam shot generation, owning the players passing out of good scoring areas, owning the complete and total lack of physical accountability that he himself has enabled...

ANY of those things even modestly admitted to would be refreshing. If they talk up how they improved and it was about being better every day and all the other buzzword babble they put out almost ever press conference, it's bullshit. They are worse this year in the standings than last year. When the improvements defensively can be laid at the feet of the goaltender being better rather than the numbers that show this is still one of the worst teams in the league at odd-man rushes against and at intra-slot shots against. And offensively still being one of the worst at getting those same slot shots? At being one of the absolute worst passing teams in the league?? Public tracking points to them being just as bad in those places as last year. They didn't improve there, so what are they going to do to get better?

Oh, and if they blow off the streak more, talk about how it isn't fair that the criticism is on them...? Pitchforks and torches should be issued. At this point, those two are responsible for almost half of it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Imagine if they both got fired before this conference? Oh, what altered reality am I living in ? I guess one can only dream.
Yeah. The writing appears to be on the wall. In fact, the writing has been on the wall since December. Granato ain't going anywhere. If he was, he would've been fired long ago for this shit stain of a season.

Oh well, I hope I'm wrong, but all signs point to another year of Uncle Donny.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Standing up and saying that what they did was not good enough, owning their own amount of suck. For Adams: retaining all their assistants even when the evidence LAST YEAR was the PP was floundering, forcing the goalie situation despite heaps of evidence that it wouldn't work, not replacing Quinn, keeping empty calorie scoring in Vic, pulling in a vet who could barely play, retaining Okposo when the legs were gone, not sending certain players down to work on their games, the complete lack of physical accountability among everyone, that he took the easy path by just keeping people he knew would stay rather than actually trying to do better than Jost or Gus or Okposo or even Vic, and perhaps depending on what happens tomorrow, not being willing to reinforce Rochester with players who were already on the clear day roster just by putting them on waivers for assignment. For Granato: that retaining all of his assistants was a mistake, trying the same thing for over two years on the PP despite it not working, having repeatedly failed to have his team prepared to play, owning their poor passing, their continued poor cross-seam shot generation, owning the players passing out of good scoring areas, owning the complete and total lack of physical accountability that he himself has enabled...

ANY of those things even modestly admitted to would be refreshing. If they talk up how they improved and it was about being better every day and all the other buzzword babble they put out almost ever press conference, it's bullshit. They are worse this year in the standings than last year. When the improvements defensively can be laid at the feet of the goaltender being better rather than the numbers that show this is still one of the worst teams in the league at odd-man rushes against and at intra-slot shots against. And offensively still being one of the worst at getting those same slot shots? At being one of the absolute worst passing teams in the league?? Public tracking points to them being just as bad in those places as last year. They didn't improve there, so what are they going to do to get better?

Oh, and if they blow off the streak more, talk about how it isn't fair that the criticism is on them...? Pitchforks and torches should be issued. At this point, those two are responsible for almost half of it.
That Jost contract was comical. Revamping the bottom-6 should've been a priority, but once they re-signed Okoposo, the writing was on the wall. I was not a happy camper about either the Okoposo or Jost contracts. It would've been nice to have some speed and tenacity in the bottom-6. That's the type of playing style that can be contagious. Imagine seeing Cozens and Thompson flailing at pucks while your bottom-6 is if giving 110% night in and night out. Yeah, I think that may have had those guys looking in the mirror and digging a little deeper.

Adams really lucked into Benson providing a bit of a spark. I don't think anyone thought we'd get top-9 forward play out of him. Imagine how much more of an eye sore this team would've been without him?

Reactions: BuffaloMango

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’d love to get an explanation from Donny about how he decided it was a good idea to neuter offense/activation from the most dynamic defensemen (using the “pick your spots” rhetoric on Power, Dahlin, and Byram) when they were struggling to score and it generally wasn't leading to improved play in their own end

Reactions: Jacob582

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Don't play with my emotions, Jimmy.
I am so over the "the Sabres COULD do x, y, and z".

I will believe that they are serious about making moves to push the team forward and into the playoffs when we see the types of meaningful moves it will take to get there.

Bakes and Fairburn talked about how they need 3 new veterans, and at least one that is an ahole that will drag the team into games on nights where they don't feel like it.

And they talked about how they cannot run things back with the same exact coaching staff if they are going to appear serious about improving next season.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
We’re obviously not where we want to be. But I have complete faith in this group of young players and the coaching staff. We were the youngest team in the league this year and we saw a lot of great development and whamp whaaa whomp whah whah

Reactions: old kummelweck

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Who's this years nominee for 'lost their love of the game' from the roster? My money is on Tuch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad