Eminger,Volchenkov,Torres and Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Aug 15, 2003
Toronto
Plan said:
Can you guys give me you`r opinions on what type of players Eminger,Volchenkov,Torres and Vanek will be, once they adopt to the nhl game (couple of years)
and what are their potentials?

I can only speak for Torres, who I have seen play a great deal. He's quick and tough with a nose for the net. No one in Edmonton seems to be doing much this year save York, Dvorak, and a few role players. But Torres has stepped up and had a great year with the team. On most teams, Torres would be a solid 2nd line winger in a couple years (maybe 3rd on some forward-laden teams) but on Edmonton, right now he's scoring with 1st line capability.

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
leafsrule69 said:
Eminger - i think he will be poor mans Chris Pronger. when gonchar gets traded he will emerge in to the numer 1 dehfense spot.

Volchenkov - i think he wil be reliable 2nd line defenseman. He is not too much of a scorer but he has a big size.

Torres - He is a hard nose in your face type of guy with goal scoring ablities. He is a solid 2nd line winger

Vanek - This guy is going to score 30 - 40 goals in seasons to come. On Buffalo he could probably make there first line.

Totally Agree. Although Vanek may score more then 40 goals, that's how good he may be...

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
leafsrule69 said:
Eminger - i think he will be poor mans Chris Pronger. when gonchar gets traded he will emerge in to the numer 1 dehfense spot.

Volchenkov - i think he wil be reliable 2nd line defenseman. He is not too much of a scorer but he has a big size.

Torres - He is a hard nose in your face type of guy with goal scoring ablities. He is a solid 2nd line winger

Vanek - This guy is going to score 30 - 40 goals in seasons to come. On Buffalo he could probably make there first line.

How do you come up with comparing eminger to a poor man's pronger, as mush as i wish that is true, its way off...eminger is looking to be more like a calle johansson

oli500

Aug 22, 2003
Kitchener
Visit site
I myself live in kitchener and saw emminger play his juniors over here. He has a very good vision of the ice and will be a offensive defensemen. He reminds me alot of ed Jonovaski of the vancouver canuks. He was a big part of the rangers quest for the memorial cup and was one of the defencemen that was the most used by his coach.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
when he was up on the caps roster he played a little nastier than most expected but one couldn't characterize him a reall physical aggressive D-man. Guess he is a more physical Calle Jo. He needs to work on some upper body strength. His stint with the big club clearly showed what he needs to work on. He's going to be a good one though.

Tomppav

Aug 14, 2002
Tampere, Finland
KillToronto said:
Vanek will probably be far more passionate, physical, and shoot more.

Well, in the WJC games Vanek was everything else than passionate. He was lazy, didn't play D at all. Biggest disappointment of the tournament, didn't earn to be team's Captain.

Eminger has skating, positioning, and good passing touch. He has put on a bit of weight and gotten more physical, but it will never be a big part of his game, certainly not what Pronger is. He'll be a very good player for Washington, the closest comparison would be a Niedermayer type guy, obviously I'm not saying he'll be the best skater in the league like Niedermayer has, but his skating and style fit that mold. I would not be surprised to see him as a perrenial all-star selection.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Tomppav said:
Well, in the WJC games Vanek was everything else than passionate. He was lazy, didn't play D at all. Biggest disappointment of the tournament, didn't earn to be team's Captain.

That was probably more a shot at Satan than it was a compliment to Vanek. Just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->