Emery and Levenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Chuckalinsky said:
Are these two goalies both pretty solid locks to become #1 goalies in the show? If so which one has more talent and which would you rather have on your team.

I like both of these goaltenders as potential NHL starters. I feel that Emery has moved himself into an excellent position to take Ottawa's starting job once the Dominator retires finally. He's big, quick , and a gamer. Emery could be a Kolzig
Lenevue is a technically skilled tender who cuts down his angles very well. If he keeps his mental he should be a good NHL goalie along the lines of a Felix Potvin, Patrick Lalime.

Both should have solid careers.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
ktownhockey said:
Lenevue is a technically skilled tender who cuts down his angles very well. If he keeps his mental he should be a good NHL goalie along the lines of a Felix Potvin, Patrick Lalime.

Both should have solid careers.

Potvin is terrible at angles. He practically stands on the goal line the entire game.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Douggy said:
Potvin is terrible at angles. He practically stands on the goal line the entire game.

I meant the same career not type of player... a pretty good starting goaltender... but no where near a vezina.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I think both Emery and LeNeveu will be great goalies. They are both just a notch below Lehtonen and Fleury.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
I think they both have what it takes to be very capable starters in the league. However, they are both more than just a notch below Lehtonen and Fleury. I like Emery's size, but I would rather have LeNeveu on my team. Better mental makeup, although he won't have the team in front of him help out much, like Emery will.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I'm not really sold on Emery, but I haven't seen him play a ton.

I have not seen Leneveu play recently, but I remember reading a scouting report on him by a scout who thought the guy was the top goaltender prospect in the league behind Kari Lehtonen, and would be a franchise-keeper sort of player down the road.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
Ya i think that these two are fairly even as well. But I would have to give the edge to Emery just because he has quite a good set up. And by far the better team infront of him at this point. I just hope he doesn't flop.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
I can't say anything much about LeNeveu because the only time I've seen him is his less than stellar WJCs.

As a Sens fan, I'm really high on Emery. Since he's been drafted he's won the OHL and CHL goalie of the year awards, made the AHL all rookie team and has played in the AHL all star game both years he's been in the AHL. You can't ask for much more than that. In the NHL, Emery has played in 6 games with stats: 6GP 3W 0L 0T 1.99GAA and .910 sv%. The only red flag is his temper. Everything else suggests he has a real chance at being a star.

Mark O

Jul 10, 2003
Alfie#11 said:
I can't say anything much about LeNeveu because the only time I've seen him is his less than stellar WJCs.

As a Sens fan, I'm really high on Emery. Since he's been drafted he's won the OHL and CHL goalie of the year awards, made the AHL all rookie team and has played in the AHL all star game both years he's been in the AHL. You can't ask for much more than that. In the NHL, Emery has played in 6 games with stats: 6GP 3W 0L 0T 1.99GAA and .910 sv%. The only red flag is his temper. Everything else suggests he has a real chance at being a star.

Yes, Emery is a potential star. Unfortunately, he does have a short fuse. Is it true that he has Marvelous Marvin Hagler painted on his mask? All well and good, but stick to hockey eather than boxing. Leneveu posted fairly decent numbers on a poor Falcons team and, in fact, was named co-Team MVP (along with the other Falcons goalie, Jean-Marc Pelletier). I give him a slight edge over Emery.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
LeNeveu made it to the all-star game in his first AHL season, and played a stellar game there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->