Emelin in trouble : Varlamov, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
hum i dont know , you play baseball with our punch :sarcasm:

it was a punch and not a stick-swinging incident.

RussianProspects Hockey's Future Staff said

According to a number of reliable witnesses, it was a punch NOT a stick. Varlamov skated over, LIKELY to apologize, no one said whether he said anything before the punch, so we don't know. But apparently the shot came after the wistle and Varlamov raised his arms as if "I didn't mean it - sorry" and then skated over. The rest is in the news brief on RP and I won't rehash it again. Hope this helps.

Again, this was not a stick hit, or a hit from behind, so wouldn't compare to Perezhogin or Bertuzzi. It was an undisciplined and malicious thing to do. I'd say it more compares to that baskeball incident when Houston's coach (forget his name) back when he was a player got nailed in a face by another player (Washington I think). He got hit so hard he had a concussion, brain fluid leakage, etc. Hopefully this isn't as serious - but it is just a hard punch.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
It wasnt a stick swing. Valarmov shot the puck after the whistle, it hit Emelin's head who fell down, Varlamov then went skating to Emelin, probably to apoligize and Emelin gave him a punch right in the face.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The URL I fell on was about a stick swing, but a sucker punch is scary too, to a lesser extend.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
MXD said:
The URL I fell on was about a stick swing, but a sucker punch is scary too, to a lesser extend.
Whats horrible is Varlamov's condition, I hope everything gets well for him and Emelin recieves a good and lengthy suspension.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
gars59 said:
chara do a sucker punch at the beginning on the years on ivanans :sarcasm:

But Ivanans didn't got a broken vertebra and a severe concussion of it...

He's a little more "stocky..."

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Results of the incident are bad but players throw punches all the time. This time Emelin just happened to connect.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Tuggy said:
Results of the incident are bad but players throw punches all the time. This time Emelin just happened to connect.
MAybe its me, but I've always hated the unexpected punches and stick hits. I'm still pissed at the stick hit on Karyia from a few years back and I still want to see Domi lying motionless after what he did to Niedermayer. Emelin doesnt have any excuses and we dont need a guy who is willing to compromise the team for selfish reasons.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Habsaku said:
MAybe its me, but I've always hated the unexpected punches and stick hits. I'm still pissed at the stick hit on Karyia from a few years back and I still want to see Domi lying motionless after what he did to Niedermayer. Emelin doesnt have any excuses and we dont need a guy who is willing to compromise the team for selfish reasons.

No excuse for what Emelin did but I'm just saying throwing a punch in a hockey game isn't out of the ordinary.

francklem

Mar 8, 2006
And Ivanans deserve the corection for trying to injured a Sens player couple second before .

I m a Hab fan and i don t mind tough guy but not when they try to injure good players.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
francklem said:
And Ivanans deserve the corection for trying to injured a Sens player couple second before .

I m a Hab fan and i don t mind tough guy but not when they try to injure good players.

lol ivanans never do that, what a joke ....

talk about neil that want to injury kovalev :sarcasm:

mytor4*

gars59 said:
hum i dont know , you play baseball with our punch :sarcasm:

it was a punch and not a stick-swinging incident.

RussianProspects Hockey's Future Staff said

According to a number of reliable witnesses, it was a punch NOT a stick. Varlamov skated over, LIKELY to apologize, no one said whether he said anything before the punch, so we don't know. But apparently the shot came after the wistle and Varlamov raised his arms as if "I didn't mean it - sorry" and then skated over. The rest is in the news brief on RP and I won't rehash it again. Hope this helps.

Again, this was not a stick hit, or a hit from behind, so wouldn't compare to Perezhogin or Bertuzzi. It was an undisciplined and malicious thing to do. I'd say it more compares to that baskeball incident when Houston's coach (forget his name) back when he was a player got nailed in a face by another player (Washington I think). He got hit so hard he had a concussion, brain fluid leakage, etc. Hopefully this isn't as serious - but it is just a hard punch.

reading the artical[http://www.rushockey.com/events.php...=sl_news&id=480] it sounds more like a but end to the head.that is a lot different than a plain punch to the head.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
As I wrote on our board:

A cheap shot is a cheap shot is a cheap shot.

Prayers to Varlamov for a speedy recovery.

Emelin better get it together mentally. Fast.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
franchise player said:
he still got a fractured orbital bone.

That was from a punch earlier in the fight. The cheapshot only knocked out some teeth.

BooBlancRouge said:
Emelin better get it together mentally. Fast.

Thats a weird comment. His action was bad but its not like it was premeditated. He got hit in the head with a puck after the whistle and snapped. I would have snapped too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->