Ellerby-Petrecki-Alzner

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
It's never too early in CBJ land to look forward to the draft. I also think it is about time we go d-man in the first round and Ellerby-Petrecki-Alzner are the three names that I am seeing most often.

I want a big responsible d-man that has a booming shot from the point. I mean a booming shot. I'm tired of watching Adam Foote and Anders Eriksson on the point of the PP. Ideally a Phaneuf , Weber type of player.

Which of these 3 (or other dman) from this draft class has the best chance to reach this level? I need to develop my early draft mancrush.

Thanks.

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
Alzner is the most offensive of the three you named, but I suspect that none of them will be NHL power-play quarterbacks. Petrecki and Ellerby are both very much defensive-minded, Adam Foote type players.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
if you want Columbus to go with a PP QB, maybe Mark Katic may be an option, he isn't very big, he doesn't have a boomng shot, but he has top knotch hockey sense, is a very talented passer and is one of the best skaters in the draft. Think a smaller poormans Scott Niedermayer.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
if you want Columbus to go with a PP QB, maybe Mark Katic may be an option, he isn't very big, he doesn't have a boomng shot, but he has top knotch hockey sense, is a very talented passer and is one of the best skaters in the draft. Think a smaller poormans Scott Niedermayer.
... like ... Kris Russell, say? :sarcasm:

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site

I want a boomer. If he can play the PP that is an added bonus. Kris Russell will be with us soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad