Prospect Info: SHL champion Elias Pettersson | SHL scoring champion, playoff MVP, WC gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Sharp was an incredibly talented winger in his prime who was forced to be a makeshift centre out of necessity. Certainly EP could fill the same role out of necessity if required (under the assumption that he develops primarily as a winger).

Agree to disagree on Brad Richards though I guess. I do not classify a nearly retired mid-30s Richards with his 12 goals and 37 points in the regular season as a legitimate second line centre.

37 points did ranked 63rd in scoring for center so fair point he is not a legimate second line center in the regular seasons. But Richard usually take his game to another level in the playoffs. His 14 points in the playoffs was definitely second line center production. He was 5th in the team on scoring for forwards.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
37 points did ranked 63rd in scoring for center so fair point he is not a legimate second line center in the regular seasons. But Richard usually take his game to another level in the playoffs. His 14 points in the playoffs was definitely second line center production. He was 5th in the team on scoring for forwards.

You would expect to have players step up to another level if you want to win a Stanley Cup. 3 goals and 14 points in 23 games is okay production - certainly not enough production or enough of a sample size to declare that Richards was a legitimate second line centre at the time - in my opinion of course.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

Bad translation of the tweet:
Henke also delivers accurate proof of how Elias Pettersson can make more points than he and Daniel did as SHL juniors. More snacks about him and Dahlén are in the program.

All I could make out was something about catching highlights and awesome hands

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

rune74

Oct 10, 2008

Bad translation of the tweet:
Henke also delivers accurate proof of how Elias Pettersson can make more points than he and Daniel did as SHL juniors. More snacks about him and Dahlén are in the program.

All I could make out was something about catching highlights and awesome hands

Confirmed, Henrik wants to eat our young;)

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Call me nuts (and I'm sure most of you would agree that I am :P), but I'm *not* excited to see Pettersson come here next year. The dude is 165-170 lbs dripping wet. Do NOT rush this kid into the bigs. Let him fill out naturally, and not add too much weight too fast to the point where he starts losing his grace and mobility.

I'd even say the same for Juolevi. Let both Pettersson and Juolevi sizzle a bit more in the farm or in the AHL. A key success to Detroit's success during their hey day was to NOT rush their kids.

Kole Lind and Adam Gaudette. Those are the only two prospects I have great interest in seeing next year. Everyone else = f*** off.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Call me nuts (and I'm sure most of you would agree that I am :P), but I'm *not* excited to see Pettersson come here next year. The dude is 165-170 lbs dripping wet. Do NOT rush this kid into the bigs. Let him fill out naturally, and not add too much weight too fast to the point where he starts losing his grace and mobility.

I'd even say the same for Juolevi. Let both Pettersson and Juolevi sizzle a bit more in the farm or in the AHL. A key success to Detroit's success during their hey day was to NOT rush their kids.

Kole Lind and Adam Gaudette. Those are the only two prospects I have great interest in seeing next year. Everyone else = **** off.

well the problem is that both will get run a lot more in the AHL. And the only way the Canucks can fill any seats is by giving the fans something to watch. Think we will see them both. Kole Lind is kinda young still. Gaudette will only sign with us if he thinks he's got a legit shot at the NHL. I also think we will see Dahlen next year.

Reactions: Index

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax

Kole Lind and Adam Gaudette. Those are the only two prospects I have great interest in seeing next year. Everyone else = **** off.

He'll be fine. He looks like he is going to be too good to keep out of the NHL and believe me, you aren't the only person to think that you just have to run him to neutralize him- not as easy as it sounds.

His transition could be slower though. Forsberg is the only one in the Patterson conversation that I remember immediately tearing up the league.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I think it's idiotic. Any good coach would have stopped this a couple of months after it was clear he was the best player on the team.
Why do you think it's idiotic? The best player on the team is too good to pick up pucks? If he's so good why can't he pick up pucks?

You have to be a 'good' coach to put a stop to that lol? I think that comment is comical/plain silly! Do you have any experience playing sports in university or professionally where there is a bit of an age gap and as such there are veterans and rookies?

If he really is the best player on the team, he is likely one of if not the hardest working player on the team. And as a rookie I am sure he'd have no problem spending a bit of extra time on the ice, helping his team, by collecting pucks (which is probably the tradition with that club). For him to break that tradition (can't see how anyone can argue that picking up pucks is negative in the way hazing is - if that's what is triggering) because he has the most points would look horrible to the members of the team. Picking up a few pucks in no way hurts him and if anything shows that success on the ice isn't changing the way he is approaching the game as a teammate. That speaks volumes to his character and work ethic. In no way is that idiotic.

The idea he's too good to pick up pucks is asinine if you are wanting to build a team.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I think it's idiotic. Any good coach would have stopped this a couple of months after it was clear he was the best player on the team.
A good coach would realize that, no matter how good he is, it's not fair to place him above the standard of treatment that every other rookie would get. That can breed entitlement from the younger player and resentment from the veterans. Not a good thing.

No rookie is too good to pick up pucks.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
A good coach would realize that, no matter how good he is, it's not fair to place him above the standard of treatment that every other rookie would get. That can breed entitlement from the younger player and resentment from the veterans. Not a good thing.

No rookie is too good to pick up pucks.

ya dude you wouldnt want people to think its a meritocracy or anything. people might try harder or whatever the f*** americans actually believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->